The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mart44

Über Member
Good morning - A bit cold and foggy for cycling but that's what I'll be doing shortly. I have to get to my friend's house and then we'll be driving to the starting point for this morning's U3A walk. That will be about 3 -4 miles done at a leisurely pace. Then back to his place and a cycle ride home.

All that has to be done this afternoon is a ride along to the doctor's to pick up the prescriptions.

Have the best possible day. :smile:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all. Another cold, frosty but sunny day.
Another good 9 hour kip enjoyed (am I allowed to say that:rolleyes: ?).
As reported, yesterday I had my first short walk for over 6 weeks. Back was a bit sore later but worth it to feel my legs moving again. Will try another walk when it warms up.
Mrs D is off to the golf club with various family and friends........they are going for Christmas lunch.
My logic differs from hers.......
Mrs D. "I am having 3 courses"
Me "no way, they are so generous, you will
never eat 3 courses"
Mrs D "I will ask for small portions"
Me "why not just have 2 courses and save
some money" :wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
As reported, yesterday I had my first short walk for over 6 weeks. Back was a bit sore later but worth it to feel my legs moving again. Will try another walk when it warms up.
Mrs D is off to the golf club with various family and friends........they are going for Christmas lunch.
never eat 3 courses"
Eat from someone else's plate, save even more.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
never eat 3 courses"
That reminds of of going for a carvery with mother in law some year ago.
She liked to go to them because she only ate small portions and could choose exactly what she wanted.
She paid the full price and then came back with less on her plate than we had on our 'kids size' carvery at half the price.
I pointed this out to her and she admitted that she had never thought about it.
Must have wasted a fortune over the years.:wacko:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
T'ain't that cold!
Well I think it is <stamps foot> so there :smile:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Doggie walk done along Velator Pill.
Gorgeous out there this morning. :sun:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Don’t want to start a new thread but I am a bit puzzled by something on my I phone. When I try to look at Twitter there is a large message at the bottom of the screen saying “ Some updates you should know about” and goes on about changes to terms etc. Press ok to look at these. The screen is also locked so if I really want to look at Twitter it is very tempting to just press this. No way am I pressing anything so Twitter will get removed if this continues. An old Amazon Fire does not have this message. Anyone else got this?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Don’t want to start a new thread but I am a bit puzzled by something on my I phone. When I try to look at Twitter there is a large message at the bottom of the screen saying “ Some updates you should know about” and goes on about changes to terms etc. Press ok to look at these. The screen is also locked so if I really want to look at Twitter it is very tempting to just press this. No way am I pressing anything so Twitter will get removed if this continues. An old Amazon Fire does not have this message. Anyone else got this?

I don't do Twitter so I have no idea.

Top Bottom