The Retirement Thread

screenman

Legendary Member
10.30ish for me but the day starts again at 5am.

welsh dragon

a permanent vacancy now exists
I wish. I'm usually falling asleep by 10.00 though strangely not tonight. I'm often awake at 3-4.00 after 5-6 hours sleep.

I would LOVE to be awake later and sleep till 6-7.00am. Just can't do it. I wake up and start thinking about whatever is bothering me.

Same here. I often fall asleep around 9.30. Snooze for half an hour or so, go to bed at 11 pm then I'm awake again a 3 or 4 am. :cursing: then I just lie in bed hoping I will go to sleep again.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Same here. I often fall asleep around 9.30. Snooze for half an hour or so, go to bed at 11 pm then I'm awake again a 3 or 4 am. :cursing: then I just lie in bed hoping I will go to sleep again.
Mrs P's standing response is " You enjoyed that programme then?" :laugh: Geez I get fed up with that.

I've stopped watching TV in the evening. Invariably I fall asleep. I think the truth is it bores me so I doze off. Sadly Mrs P will always find something to watch - a thing about wolves right now.

I've taken up online Scrabble again. I sit in the backroom to get away from the TV.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
You're geting, in one go, what I get a week.
Our next door neighbour has this problem to an extent. She does get some naps during the day but I often hear her around at night.

Fortunately she doesn't know the noise travels.

welsh dragon

a permanent vacancy now exists
Mrs P's standing response is " You enjoyed that programme then?" :laugh: Geez I get fed up with that.

I've stopped watching TV in the evening. Invariably I fall asleep. I think the truth is it bores me so I doze off. Sadly Mrs P will always find something to watch - a thing about wolves right now.

I've taken up online Scrabble again. I sit in the backroom to get away from the TV.
I usually watch something boring. After a while all I can hear is blah blah blah. I think it is monotone talking that sends me to sleep.

Top Bottom