The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
10.30ish for me but the day starts again at 5am.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I wish. I'm usually falling asleep by 10.00 though strangely not tonight. I'm often awake at 3-4.00 after 5-6 hours sleep.

I would LOVE to be awake later and sleep till 6-7.00am. Just can't do it. I wake up and start thinking about whatever is bothering me.

Same here. I often fall asleep around 9.30. Snooze for half an hour or so, go to bed at 11 pm then I'm awake again a 3 or 4 am. :cursing: then I just lie in bed hoping I will go to sleep again.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Same here. I often fall asleep around 9.30. Snooze for half an hour or so, go to bed at 11 pm then I'm awake again a 3 or 4 am. :cursing: then I just lie in bed hoping I will go to sleep again.

Mrs P's standing response is " You enjoyed that programme then?" :laugh: Geez I get fed up with that.

I've stopped watching TV in the evening. Invariably I fall asleep. I think the truth is it bores me so I doze off. Sadly Mrs P will always find something to watch - a thing about wolves right now.

I've taken up online Scrabble again. I sit in the backroom to get away from the TV.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
You're geting, in one go, what I get a week.

Our next door neighbour has this problem to an extent. She does get some naps during the day but I often hear her around at night.

Fortunately she doesn't know the noise travels.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Mrs P's standing response is " You enjoyed that programme then?" :laugh: Geez I get fed up with that.

I've stopped watching TV in the evening. Invariably I fall asleep. I think the truth is it bores me so I doze off. Sadly Mrs P will always find something to watch - a thing about wolves right now.

I've taken up online Scrabble again. I sit in the backroom to get away from the TV.

I usually watch something boring. After a while all I can hear is blah blah blah. I think it is monotone talking that sends me to sleep.

Top Bottom