The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
You can join the club then everyone.here accept myself and Mo are grumpy old men :laugh:
Are we grumpy old women? :laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Afternoon all.

A bit late as I went out on a social ride with my club.

Abandoned after the first hour as the social definition now appears to be hammer the crap out of it and see who abandons.
Apparently another member abandoned at the coffee stop and called her husband to come and pick her up.

Why do people do this? We have fast rides and long rides posted on our FB page, but people seem to want to come on a social ride and smash it.

Feeling a little annoyed, which wasn't why I went on the ride.

I appreciate people have different levels of fitness - I've not been out much as I've been dealing with the aftermath of my mum passing away, but when I was fit and leading I made sure no one was dropped or left behind.
It's not hard . Grrrrr

Yep, that's not good. We don't get this happening on the official club rides but it does on some of the "unofficial" rides. Mainly the midweek ones.

There's a group of around 30 who ride Monday, Wednesday, Friday. The core of the group is retired folk like me. We can all ride a good pace - 17+ avg and a consistent 20/21+ - when we want to but we don't often want to really smash it. For example 3 of us did 102 miles in the summer at 19.5 avg but it was simply a good day.

On Fridays we sometimes get the racing snakes turn up. They push to 25+ and we just let them go. We usually get to the café five minutes later!! What was the point?

We have been known to shortcut and arrive first. :laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom