The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
OK....I admit it.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
First party of the Christmas season tonight and the one social event of the year I like to avoid.....but can't.

The Book Group planning party. The ladies meet at 7.30 to agree next year's books. The men are invited to arrive at 9.00.

What always happens is the ladies continue to chat in one room. The men gather in another. With two exceptions, good friends, I meet these men once s year. The conversation will be:

1. "Are you still cycling?"
2. "Do you still go to Rovers?"
3. "Did you get to the PNE game?"

Jeez I wish I could stay home.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. It has rained constantly since yesterday lunchtime and to continue most of the day. :sad:

I'm sure this has felt like one of the wettest years for a while. Can we please have a long, dry summer........I don't even care if it's all that warm.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Morning. It has rained constantly since yesterday lunchtime and to continue most of the day. :sad:

I'm sure this has felt like one of the wettest years for a while. Can we please have a long, dry summer........I don't even care if it's all that warm.
Unlike what is to come on Thursday, that gets my vote unequivocally! Although I'd like to first add an amendment for warmth as well as dryness. Greedy I know, but if you don't ask ...
Of course in the unlikely event that this comes to pass, we'll doubtless find ourselves in the midst of a drought. :heat:

aferris2

Guru
Unlike what is to come on Thursday, that gets my vote unequivocally! Although I'd like to first add an amendment for warmth as well as dryness. Greedy I know, but if you don't ask ...
Of course in the unlikely event that this comes to pass, we'll doubtless find ourselves in the midst of a drought. :heat:
Correct on all points. We left the UK at the end of August and it's still only spring here in Oz. 40 degrees today so lots of time for warm weather until autumn gets here. And we have a drought too

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day one and all. It's blowing a hooley. The forecast is for 40+ mph winds which I'm happy to believe!! I left my kit out but no way I'm riding today. Forecast for tomorrow has improved overnight, only 20mph winds!! :laugh:

Last night's party was better than expected. The highlight being "What's that man's name? Coburn or something?"

Note to self, never go to a party the Saturday before an election. :ohmy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom