The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Me too.
Heavy day yesterday. :surrender:
Christmas get together with family at a Bromsgrove pub - must say the lunch was good.
Spent the evening with friends in Redditch, drinking copious amounts of wine and watching Rammstein concerts in my mates home cinema with surround sound at a high volume. Went to bed at 1.30am. :becool::becool:
Feel a bit groggy this morning.
Getting up in an hour for a walk, then we're being taken for Sunday lunch by our friends.
How the other half live hey? :okay::okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
I have cleaned my oven. Meant to do it for a few days but kept forgetting to put the cleaner ( spray not an actual cleaner you understand) in the oven at night before going to bed (and that is me going to bed not the cleaner classic) :laugh:
Well if you'd put the cleaner to bed in the oven, they could have cleaned it if they woke up. Give them something to pass the time.

D

Deleted member 1258

I had a rare chance of a Sunday ride today, got back about two with 56 miles on. Went to a cafe I haven't used for several years, it used to be a favourite of mine, but then it changed hands went posh and I stopped using it, now it looks like its changed hands again, its still a bit posh but a bit more welcoming. A very windy day made for a slow hard ride, and I came across a couple of places with standing water as well, but it was good to get out, I was getting a bit fed up with the bad weather keeping me in, and life was getting in the way as well. It stayed dry and was an enjoyable mornings cycling.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I had a rare chance of a Sunday ride today, got back about two with 56 miles on. Went to a cafe I haven't used for several years, it used to be a favourite of mine, but then it changed hands went posh and I stopped using it, now it looks like its changed hands again, its still a bit posh but a bit more welcoming. A very windy day made for a slow hard ride, and I came across a couple of places with standing water as well, but it was good to get out, I was getting a bit fed up with the bad weather keeping me in, and life was getting in the way as well. It stayed dry and was an enjoyable mornings cycling.
Nice one.
I am not into the distances that you, PaulSB and others do. Nor am I into cold, windy weather BUT I am desperate for a ride.
After a bad start yesterday my back was good later on and has been good today. A good forcast tomorrow.......I really hope I can get one in.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've had a serious technical hitch this afternoon, we brought a turkey drumstick Friday for todays tea, I've just gone to put it in the oven and found that it won't fit in the the dish, I had to find the biggest dish we'd got and even then it only just fitted in. :eek:

PaulSB

Legendary Member

Good man. It's very windy here and I'm unsure if we will ride tomorrow.

Top Bottom