The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Good man. It's very windy here and I'm unsure if we will ride tomorrow.

It was very windy at times this morning, my average for the ride was down to 13mph, and in places, when it was a side wind, it was getting hold of the front of the bike and moving it around, not what I wanted when I was spinning the fixed up to 30mph on a descent.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've had a serious technical hitch this afternoon, we brought a turkey drumstick Friday for todays tea, I've just gone to put it in the oven and found that it won't fit in the the dish, I had to find the biggest dish we'd got and even then it only just fitted in. :eek:

I have a serious technical issue here. I'm at my son's putting up a roller blind.

I'm on a break while I contemplate the consequences of cutting too much off the roller. This is a job I hate with a capital H. :ohmy:

Lee_M

Guru
Never done club rides and tbh cant see the attraction.
Do my own thing or with a mate.
Dont get me wrong, i'm not knocking it, I just dont get get the concept.

When it works it's great fun, nice and sociable way of getting exercise and seeing the countryside, punctuated with a nice coffee stop.

You also get to see new routes, which was a godsend for me when I moved to the area.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have a serious technical issue here. I'm at my son's putting up a roller blind.

I'm on a break while I contemplate the consequences of cutting too much off the roller. This is a job I hate with a capital H. :ohmy:
Our last blind was not cut evenly. It stared us in the face every day. 2 months ago we paid an expert to replace it......a good decision ^_^

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Our last blind was not cut evenly. It stared us in the face every day. 2 months ago we paid an expert to replace it......a good decision ^_^

Yep. In our house we have them professionally fitted. Always a good result.

So No.2 son's blind is up, horizontal and working.

I have a LARGE G&T and Mrs P is making tea - well reheating last night's curry.

Top Bottom