The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:hello: morning all

Dave7

Legendary Member
Whatever the weather, the novelty and joy of waking up on a Monday morning knowing I don't have to go to work has yet to wear thin :cuppa:
I am well used to it now after 10 years but still recall the immense joy I got in the early days.
I couldnt believe my luck, my best customer offered me a L/S to take over providing I signed a 'clear off' contract. It took me all of 3 seconds to decide ^_^

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all ^_^
Bright and clear here but cold and windy.
Just 3 things to do today
1. Feed the birds**
2. Return a book to the library
3. Get my bike down and replace the saddle
I took the saddle on my holiday but my
dodgy back hasn't enabled me to fit it
back on.
** decided just fat balls and peanuts from now on. The seed is always gone within a few days but leaves a mess of strange things growing in the flower beds:wacko:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
What about meal worms.....a lot of birds seem to love them.

You def don't want mealworms growing in your flower beds.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
** decided just fat balls and peanuts from now on. The seed is always gone within a few days but leaves a mess of strange things growing in the flower beds:wacko:
Again, they are gone within hours. I have tried putting them in seed feeders but they clog up.
I am trying with foods which the birds like but will also last a while.
You could try sunflower hearts, no mess as the shells are already off.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I spent years virtually living on motorways (over to Classic:rolleyes:) and now I enjoy listening to the radio travel warnings......sad or what.
Me too. I commuted to Knutsford for 22 years. 40 minutes when I started, anything between 90-120 when I finished. If I got away with an hour that was good!

Every time I hear of congestion J19-21 I punch the air! Saddo. 😂

Top Bottom