The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I am still in bed.
Me too.
Heavy day yesterday. :surrender:
Christmas get together with family at a Bromsgrove pub - must say the lunch was good.
Spent the evening with friends in Redditch, drinking copious amounts of wine and watching Rammstein concerts in my mates home cinema with surround sound at a high volume. Went to bed at 1.30am. :becool::becool:
Feel a bit groggy this morning.
Getting up in an hour for a walk, then we're being taken for Sunday lunch by our friends.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Well the rain has stopped though it's still blowing a hooley. My son, the lad with Down's, is getting a new phone for Christmas. I've just spent a happy two hours doing the setup and updates. All we need now is to pop the sim card in and away he goes.

Have to say I'm impressed with Motorola phones. He has a Moto 3, nearly five years old, and it has been faultless. This in the hands of a young man with SLD who doesn't comprehend the impact of messing in Settings etc!! :laugh: That brings challenges for Dad.

We got the Moto G7 Play as it's very similar in functionality.

I'm off to the allotment now.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning. It has rained constantly since yesterday lunchtime and to continue most of the day. :sad:

I'm sure this has felt like one of the wettest years for a while. Can we please have a long, dry summer........I don't even care if it's all that warm.
I would like a summer without constant windy days. Hard to recall my last uk ride when 50% of it wasnt against the wind.
We had a summer, maybe 5 years ago?, when every ride was pleasant.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I would like a summer without constant windy days. Hard to recall my last uk ride when 50% of it wasnt against the wind.
We had a summer, maybe 5 years ago?, when every ride was pleasant.
Yes, have to admit the wind bothers me more than rain. The majority of my rides have a headwind coming home which is demoralising when the legs are getting tired.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Coffee consumed and now enjoying a fresh orange juice.
No rain here, yet:wacko:. It is windy though.
Todays news is.......tomorrow we both start a diet. Bad habbits have crept in and we both need to lose a good 7 Lbs. Not being able to cycle has not helped.
Today is another day of watching sport eg highlights of Lpool winning 3 nil ^_^

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Coffee consumed and now enjoying a fresh orange juice.
No rain here, yet:wacko:. It is windy though.
Todays news is.......tomorrow we both start a diet. Bad habbits have crept in and we both need to lose a good 7 Lbs. Not being able to cycle has not helped.
Today is another day of watching sport eg highlights of Lpool winning 3 nil ^_^
I’m going to watch the snooker.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yes, have to admit the wind bothers me more than rain. The majority of my rides have a headwind coming home which is demoralising when the legs are getting tired.
There is a 15/20 miler I do.......straight out and back on (more or less) the same roads. The wind is nearly always against going out and I think "at least its with me going back" -- but it never is, really weird.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Well the rain has stopped though it's still blowing a hooley. My son, the lad with Down's, is getting a new phone for Christmas. I've just spent a happy two hours doing the setup and updates. All we need now is to pop the sim card in and away he goes.

Have to say I'm impressed with Motorola phones. He has a Moto 3, nearly five years old, and it has been faultless. This in the hands of a young man with SLD who doesn't comprehend the impact of messing in Settings etc!! :laugh: That brings challenges for Dad.

We got the Moto G7 Play as it's very similar in functionality.

I'm off to the allotment now.

Yes, my BiL has had several Motorola Phones over the years. They have impressive Cameras, and the battery life is good, oh... they are good as a Phone too!

Top Bottom