The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
No rain today. Like Screenman we got all ours yesterday so we are having a break today (i hope).
In bed late, for us, last night as we watched the variety performance and then the late news. So we didnt wake till 0830 this morning :rolleyes:
Today I am off to the golf club for christmas lunch......just 2 courses for me though. I am part of a mini golf society** and we go each year. We have a 9 hole match then lunch (my back wont let me play so its just the lunch).
**the society is called FOGS which stands for either.....
Fine Old Golfers
Or
F*^#$*^g Old Gits
Take your choice ^_^^_^
After that I will come back home for a nice cognac and a re-run of last nights footy highlights.
The problems of being retired hey :rolleyes:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Sorry Mo but I slept like a baby.
It must be awful not to be able to. Are there not some natural things you can take. And what about sprinkling lavendar or chamomile on your pillow?
Tried all the usual tips. It’s like something changed around 6 or 7 years ago and I rarely ever get sleepy now.

Drago

Legendary Member
Taken Colin the Claud for a bimble round the local lanes.

screenman

Legendary Member
Yes we watched that.....awful for those poor people. And its not set to get better is it.

The road under that lake is our main connection with Lincoln, what is normally a 15 minute journey is now often over an hour or more to cover just 10 miles, the road is not set to be clear again for months. Yesterday at one point I was only 4 miles from home, but it took 16 miles of driving to get here.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
The road under that lake is our main connection with Lincoln, what is normally a 15 minute journey is now often over an hour or more to cover just 10 miles, the road is not set to be clear again for months. Yesterday at one point I was only 4 miles from home, but it took 16 miles of driving to get here.
Couldn't you take the Short Ferry ride?
(Local joke. Possibly.)

classic33

Leg End Member

Top Bottom