The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.

Back in Barnet now. Shopping and deliveries done. I thought I would take the opportunity for a pint or two as the temperature outside is dropping and the rain clouds are gathering.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hello all. Out on the bike today. 55 miles with the last 6-7 wet and very cold.

Got home in time to go to U3A table tennis. I'm now officially nackered. Fortunately Mrs P is making tea otherwise we'd starve.

Some very nice looking bikes in the thread today.
My hat is doffed to you sir.
55 miles in SUMMER is about my limit. On a nice, crisp winter day it may be 20. On a sh*te, cold, miserable day like today it would be a large whisky and a pint of ale

D

Deleted member 1258

A day of contrasts here today, a trip down the hospital early this morning, an excellent Xmas lunch with our fellow retirees at the Wednesday pensioners club dinner time, and a trip to the doctors this afternoon. My Good Lady apparently has an arthritic knee, she got up this morning and could hardly walk, even with her walker, and was crying with pain, the hospital just said see the doctor, we managed to get in to see a doctor, we were in and out in a couple of minutes and were given strong pain killers.:sad:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
A day of contrasts here today, a trip down the hospital early this morning, an excellent Xmas lunch with our fellow retirees at the Wednesday pensioners club dinner time, and a trip to the doctors this afternoon. My Good Lady apparently has an arthritic knee, she got up this morning and could hardly walk, even with her walker, and was crying with pain, the hospital just said see the doctor, we managed to get in to see a doctor, we were in and out in a couple of minutes and were given strong pain killers.:sad:
:hugs:

Top Bottom