The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thank you Dave. I had five pints of session IPA last night. For me that is an awful lot of beer!! Staying in wasn't an option. :laugh::laugh:
You might as well have the IPA the summer never showed.

classic33

Leg End Member
We had some decent weather in the South West over summer this year.
Had many a fine day in Devon, Cornwall, Dorset, Wiltshire & Somerset while we were away in the caravan.
Had many a fine IPA as well. ^_^
Just remember I.P.A. is from Liverpool!

The Rover

Guru
Hello all. Out on the bike today. 55 miles with the last 6-7 wet and very cold.

Got home in time to go to U3A table tennis. I'm now officially nackered. Fortunately Mrs P is making tea otherwise we'd starve.

Some very nice looking bikes in the thread today.

I left the David Lloyd gym near you at 1230 ish and passed a cyclist wearing green/black club kit looking a bit damp! You?

to add, I’m not a member of the gym, just taking advantage of a mates free passes as he is a member.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I left the David Lloyd gym near you at 1230 ish and passed a cyclist wearing green/black club kit looking a bit damp! You?

to add, I’m not a member of the gym, just taking advantage of a mates free passes as he is a member.
Yes that would have been me. Place and time is right for today.

classic33

Leg End Member

Anyone hazard a guess at why one finger is colder?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Once again bright and early. Good morning all. It looks as though a beautiful crisp day is ahead. Frost was down at 4.30 and skies are clear.

I've caught up my Scrabble games, useful for someone who doesn't sleep, and had coffee. Time to try for a sofa doze........it's that or go and queue at the polling station!! :eek:

Friend of mine is working as one of those people who check your name and handout the ballot paper. Starts at 6.30 and won't finish till 23.00. He says there are no breaks other than for the toilet. Pay is £250.

Lindsay Hoyle, the new Speaker, is our MP making my vote irrelevant. I will still vote. Everyone I know is unhappy about this, though proud of Lindsay, and we feel the Speaker should not be an elected MP.

Top Bottom