The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I missed all that.

Count yourself lucky. :laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

Good morning folks :hello:. I should get a quieter start to the day today, yesterday morning I knew our lad was coming down but didn't know when, I got a text at quarter past eight "Dad the trains just leaving Birmingham can you pick me up at Coventry please" I wasn't even dressed!

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Well this is a proper get up time. Good morning all. Went back to sleep till 8.47 to be precise. Result. The wind is still howling with handfuls of hail stones being flung at the windows.

Next job is to build fire. Then ironing.

I'm having lunch with my best friend. Last minute decision so hoping I can book a table at our favourite café. We haven't caught up for two months so I'm really looking forward to seeing her. Pressie swap time.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A driech day but not windy tho’ Calmac are sending out threatening text messages re possible cancellations due to bad weather. MV Isle of Arran has broken down so chaos reigns again. Fortunately I am not travelling as in addition heavy snow is reported on Tyndrum to Dalmally section of A85. This is always a bad bit and in my working days I had many “ adventurous” trips on this section. Once I did a 360 degree turn bouncing off the snow banks on either side. Fortunately there was no oncoming traffic at that point.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Not nice when the cold seems to get through to the bones.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It's all heating up on other threads here tonight. Lots of very angry CC people about.:eek:.

In other news, I got really cold today when I went shopping in the great metropolis and i haven't really warmed up since I got home.
I th
A driech day but not windy tho’ Calmac are sending out threatening text messages re possible cancellations due to bad weather. MV Isle of Arran has broken down so chaos reigns again. Fortunately I am not travelling as in addition heavy snow is reported on Tyndrum to Dalmally section of A85. This is always a bad bit and in my working days I had many “ adventurous” trips on this section. Once I did a 360 degree turn bouncing off the snow banks on either side. Fortunately there was no oncoming traffic at that point.
I think it waas Tyndrum that we stayed in some years back. One large but nice hotel and I recall just one other pub.
It was a base as we went sightseeing every day.

Top Bottom