The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all ^_^^_^. Nice to see you all for another day gadding about.
I seem to sleep better and better each night:rolleyes:(If that makes sense).
Late lunch yesterday was a resounding success. Hope I didnt post this already, s bottle of plonk+ was consumed. I did cod loin coated in flour and various herbs. A few chips and bread n butter.....very nice.
Today will be quiet. Lpool V Watford on TV, lunch time KO so will watch that.
As its still crap weather I will hunker down for the afternoon.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Doncaster.
You are in Lincoln. Is Doncaster not a pain to get to?
I always associate Doncaster with sunny Scunny.
I will have to look at the map.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dave7. Tyndrum is best known for the Green Wellie shop and cafe. There is I think more than one hotel. The big one is owned by a tour bus company and obviously caters for that market. Back in the day there was a Little Chef where I used to stop for breakfast as it was open early in the morning. Nowadays it is just a place to drive through as fast as possible.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Dave7. Tyndrum is best known for the Green Wellie shop and cafe. There is I think more than one hotel. The big one is owned by a tour bus company and obviously caters for that market. Back in the day there was a Little Chef where I used to stop for breakfast as it was open early in the morning. Nowadays it is just a place to drive through as fast as possible.
I had forgotten the green wellie shop^_^.
We were on a coach holiday which was very well organised even if way too regimental for us.
1st night I thought "I will start the week with a nice malt" so asked what selection they had. Hard to believe but they had just one choice which was a bog standard malt:sad:. So myself and another guy walked to the pub near the wellie shop where they had a really good selection.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour every body. Had a long walk with Molly earlier and it is blowing a gale here, 45 mph winds ! I saw an old guy riding his bike, regardless of the weather conditions. I regularly see him, riding in all weathers. His bike is quite old, with downtube shifters and I think he must be late 60's or early 70's. ( his age, not the bike). He is definitively braver than me. Next door is having new windows put in at the back and Molly was entertaining the workers earlier by running mad in the back garden with a big plastic carrier bag in her mouth.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
:sun: and :cold: here in North Devon.
Picked up a few things in South Molton and now dining at the Jack Russell pub in Swimbridge.

Top Bottom