The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've decided to get up. Housework will commence in ten minutes. I'll attempt to blitz everything before I need to go out at 11.00. :wacko:

Another chore for today. Mrs P has noticed her new prescription for blood pressure tablets is wrong. The enclosed copy of the prescription shows the dosage as 50mg but she has been given 100mg tablets. This is pretty major stuff for the pharmacy! Mrs P would always check such things as it's her background, others might not. I guess it's not too serious with BP tablets but to provide a tablet of twice the strength is a very serious error. Always worth checking these things folks.

D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: good morning, another dark wet morning, no peddling for me today. :sad:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Do you get the form from the post office?
You can do it on line and its very simple. Believe me, if I found it simple then it must be.
There are some confusing parts where it asks various questions but when you read the whole form you realise you just ignore them UNLESS there have been real changes.
As I said you dont even have to provide a photograph if you have a passport as they get it off that.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I've decided to get up. Housework will commence in ten minutes. I'll attempt to blitz everything before I need to go out at 11.00. :wacko:

Another chore for today. Mrs P has noticed her new prescription for blood pressure tablets is wrong. The enclosed copy of the prescription shows the dosage as 50mg but she has been given 100mg tablets. This is pretty major stuff for the pharmacy! Mrs P would always check such things as it's her background, others might not. I guess it's not too serious with BP tablets but to provide a tablet of twice the strength is a very serious error. Always worth checking these things folks.
The chemist did that with my acid reflux tablets.....double strength. I noticed before I took any. It wouldn't have done any harm but it does raise the 'what if' questions.

Dave7

Legendary Member
When I went to bed the bbc forcast was for heavy rain and strong wind. Now it tells me light showers and light wind:wacko:
Off to the hairdresser shortly. Those robbers charge me £5.00:rolleyes:.
If MrsD can face a meal we will go to the local pub for lunch.....we keep saying it then each day she only fancies something light. We shall see.

D

Deleted member 1258

Must confess it's the rain that would definitely keep me indoors too. Doesn't matter what gear I put on, I just find it miserable. Folks round these parts'd call me 'nesh' ... or worse ;)

Yes, I'm not too bothered about the wind, unless it gets to the point I can't keep it on the road, but I'm a leisure rider now, its all about the enjoyment, and theres no enjoyment in getting cold and wet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mart44

Über Member
Good morning
039.gif
- I'm up ..and that's the story so far. It's stopped raining and blowing a gale. The temperature is 9°C. A trip to the supermarket is planned for later.

A new mini-PC is arriving today. That will give me something to play with in the days to come.

CharlesF

Guru
Morning all been awake since 3am, not sure why just one of those night where I was worrying about way to many things. Seems odd that often I worry more about others than I do about myself, as you might know I have been in the motor trade for many years and quite a few of my pals in that trade are losing jobs and businesses during the slump they are going through, so sad. Seems everyday on the news there are more layoff's and businesses closing, we are in for a bumpy ride in the future I fear.
The world needs more people like you- caring and compassionate.

Top Bottom