The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Anyone do better than that?
Its the standard oap price. I have a full head of hair and they use the zapper to give me a 2&4 which only takes 10 minutes.
Mrs Boldonlad does the job for me, the only costs being:
1. Purchase of a set of hair clippers (Boots, approx £10).
2. The unquantifiable stress cost, as she makes a mistake, and mutters “oh sh?t” during the hair cutting session. This happens more frequently if I forget to remind her to put her glasses on.
;)

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Anyone do better than that?
Its the standard oap price. I have a full head of hair and they use the zapper to give me a 2&4 which only takes 10 minutes.
I've been doing my own haircuts for about 20 years.
No.3 all over and No.2 blending in on sides.
Takes about 20 minutes to do and I do it every 4 - 5 weeks.
Must have saved me a fortune over the years. :okay:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Mrs Boldonlad does the job for me, the only costs being:
1. Purchase of a set of hair clippers (Boots, approx £10).
2. The unquantifiable stress cost, as she makes a mistake, and mutters “oh sh?t” during the hair cutting session. This happens more frequently if I forget to remind her to put her glasses on.
;)

This reminds me:

Many moons back in a different life I had an important presentation to give to around 300 people the next day..

So, the night before, Lovely Wife was cutting my hair with my Wahl clippers and was suffering from PMT at the time. I said something 'bad' inadvertently and a row kicked off and she refused to finish my half-finished haircut. :eek:

Significant apologising, begging, grovelling etc eventually got the job completed. :smile:

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Similar except I am No 2 all over and Lovely Wife is the 'cutter'. Tried the occasional No 1 but I look like a thug but I think that's eventually where I'll end up one day.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
This reminds me:

Many moons back in a different life I had an important presentation to give to around 300 people the next day..

So, the night before, Lovely Wife was cutting my hair with my Wahl clippers and was suffering from PMT at the time. I said something 'bad' inadvertently and a row kicked off and she refused to finish my half-finished haircut. :eek:

Significant apologising, begging, grovelling etc eventually got the job completed. :smile:

:laugh::laugh:. That'll learn ya.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I normally go for a No.3 on the back and sides, and a general tidy up on the top. I still have a reasonable amount of hair, so i'm not yet ready to go for the all over clipper look.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Do
:laugh::laugh:. That'll learn ya.
Dont you be getting ideas now.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I normally go for a No.3 on the back and sides, and a general tidy up on the top. I still have a reasonable amount of hair, so i'm not yet ready to go for the all over clipper look.
I used to 'wear' my hair long until, in my mid 30s I took up scuba diving. I found it so much easier to have it short, got used to it and it stayed that way.
MrsD says I look younger when its longer but as I dont tend to 'go on the pull' so much its a mute point:rolleyes:

Top Bottom