The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Mornin' all.
Sounds like it's merely gusty out there, which should make today's ride somewhat more tolerable
:bicycle:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all from a rainy Barnet. The strong winds have died down now, but it is still breezy. The cats went out for about 15 minutes and returned looking suitably horrified at the soggy garden and surrounding places.
I've got a few chores to do up the High Road, or what is left of it. There is now 30 empty shops in what was once a thriving market town, even the market is a pale shadow of its former self.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. Hard to tell the weather, looks OK but not as good a promised but still good for a ride.

We are organising a new official club ride which begins early February. Myself and another in my group are committee members and are charged with developing some routes to get it off the ground.

Members are asking for something pacy, short and, for some, to help them move up to Inters level - this is where I ride.

We have six flattish routes for them. Today we're riding one which is hills and so far is just a series of joined up dots on a map. Today should be interesting, "What do you mean left here? Its right!!"

The new ride is called Short Sharp Sunday!! 😂

Dave7

Legendary Member
I don't think anything has been ironed in our house since I retired over 5 years ago.
All my work shirts, ties, jackets, trousers and suits went down the charity shop the week I left work.
Been doing 'Devon Casual' ever since. :laugh:
I kept a suit, pair of trousets, shirts and shoes for when needed. Cant recall last time they were needed though.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Still dark out there but it appears to be dry.
I will try the golf again and see if the back will last 12 holes. If it does lunch will be at the club.....whatever the homemade soup is** and a glass of red wine.
**sometimes they do a hotpot with red cabbage instead, now that is nice.
Breckie will be 2 crumpets. One with Marmite and one with cheese and a slice of bacon.....I know how to live.
BTW.....it appears we have got our appetites back. I did egg and chips yesterday. 2 hours later MrsD was scoffing cornflakes and I was scoffing crumpets.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Its not the cash its getting committee members, over the last couple of years a lot of the people who who were running it have left for various reasons and not enough people have stepped forward to take their place.
Often seems to be the way sadly. Same ones get left with it for various reasons. Some don't feel they have enough time to devote and others maybe don't have the confidence to feel they are up to it.

Top Bottom