The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I've never had a faggot eaten or other wise
They are apparently the same as meatballs but with some unwanted additional bits. I will stick to meatballs.

Dave7

Legendary Member
WOOHOOO I got the full game of golf in. TBF it was only a 9 hole comp** but my back held up. Chest lurgy is so much better. A ride definitely beckons this week. Not been on the bike since October 18th so a 10 miler will be nice.
Onwards and upwards ^_^.
**and ask me who had the winning score, go on, ask me:rolleyes:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hi Paul, are you able to share the route? the distance and climbing sound appealing!
I’ll give it a go and provide some feedback if you’d like?

cheers Stuart.

Yes, I will. I'll have to plot it first as we made it up as we went along. We had the bare bones of the route and everyone chipped in with suggestions while we cycled. Also the end is missing from my Strava so no point in linking to that.

As an aside I guess your local to me? Does your CC name relate to footballing loyalties or cycling adventures?? I think it may be the later.

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7 who had the winning score? Anyone we might know?
Well, far from it for me to boast and I really dont want to say this but......
No, I cant bring myself to say it.
Oh ok then.....it was MEEEEE^_^

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well, far from it for me to boast and I really dont want to say this but......
No, I cant bring myself to say it.
Oh ok then.....it was MEEEEE^_^
I have a weird brain and things just randomly pop in at times! :laugh: I just remembered a game my pal had when we were just young. It was a golfer on the end of what looked like a golf club and a little trigger at the top. You had little plastic balls (oooer) and I think if I remember correctly you could even change what club he was holding. Think the fairway and green was made out of green felt. Great fun. Lol.

The Rover

Guru
Yes, I will. I'll have to plot it first as we made it up as we went along. We had the bare bones of the route and everyone chipped in with suggestions while we cycled. Also the end is missing from my Strava so no point in linking to that.

As an aside I guess your local to me? Does your CC name relate to footballing loyalties or cycling adventures?? I think it may be the later.

weve swapped the odd message on this thread, I’m the guy who’s wife bought the blue kinesis from Ian at Ewood Bikes? I’m a rovers supporter!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I don't think anything has been ironed in our house since I retired over 5 years ago.
All my work shirts, ties, jackets, trousers and suits went down the charity shop the week I left work.
Been doing 'Devon Casual' ever since. :laugh:

Neither of us has ironed anything for years - we live in outdoor clobber most of the time and best stuff goes off to the dry cleaners.

Top Bottom