The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I might snooze all day today. Got a very, very long day tomorrow cos I have to go to Brum on SAR business. Meetings and discussion, all doubtless meant well but in actual reality will serve to prevent anything getting done, so if I'm not here on Saturday Lance O'Classic can come and bail me out of the cells at Birmingham Central nick.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Sid's back!
My pet spider, Sid, who lives on a shelf a couple of feet from my head when I'm in bed, has returned!
He's a fine specimen, about 2" across.
He'd been there for about a year, then suddenly disappeared a month ago. I was quite despondent, but consoled myself by saying that he'd gone on holiday, although I thought deep down that he was an ex spider. :sad:
Well, this morning I leaned over to get my mug of tea, and who was there in the corner? Sid! Looking good my 8 legged friend. :dance:
I'd have posted a picture, but he's a bit camera shy.
I wonder where he'd been?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all, I'm quite surprised that it is not raining, yet. It is cloudy and a bit dull. I shall partake of beans on toast with a fried egg on top for breakfast. A nice walk/slosh across the fields with the dog and a mug of tea in the cafe at half way.
This evening there is an escape committee meeting in the Mitre for the pub quiz, which the guv'nor is starting tonight.
Another day in paradise for us retirees. ^_^

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning gang.
Quite pleasant here though rain is forcast for later.
As reported I went to bed early. The back was aching but not badly. However I woke at 0400 with pains in my back and sciatica down my left leg (which is strange as its normally on the right). The physio has shown MrsD some presuure points to push so she kindly did that.....4 sets of 6. I took some pain killers, did some leg/back stretches and eventually got to sleep. Everything is much better this morning though the left leg is still aching a bit.
Another chill day for me.
Enjoy your day.
Dirk, give my regards to Did spider but ask him to please stay down there^_^

Drago

Legendary Member
An hours bass practice done.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Sneaked in a run before the rains once more come forth. Down in the woods a young woman out walking her dogs stopped me ... actually it was the very friendly hounds that brought me to halt.
"It's Mr G isn't it? I often see you out running."
"Er, yes?"
"You used to teach me science. You were good." (Now I knew she must have me mixed up with someone else!).
It was only half an hour later that I managed to place her, from amongst the hundreds of young folks that I taught during my time. In my defence, they do change a bit between thirteen and thirty! That's no excuse though when someone expects you to have remembered them I guess. I did, but too late ... perhaps I'll get the chance to remedy things another time.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Landfill bin out for collection. Looked at the timetable again and thought wrong day. Neighbour appeared as I was trying to get it in and told me it was correct day and others have landfill bins out. Still not convinced as according to my bit of paper it is recycling day. I wish they would get a regular collection instead of some random dates.
Walked in the gale but not too much rain down to the bank with my Premium Bond winnings. I know it would be easier to get them paid in online but I prefer to use the local branch on a use it or lose it basis.
Ferries still disrupted and working on a sailing by sailing basis and may stop at any time. Never travel without my pills and toothbrush.

Top Bottom