The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I kept a suit, pair of trousets, shirts and shoes for when needed. Cant recall last time they were needed though.
You been behaving or can't they prove anything?

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Right, 1st coat done!
I'll let it dry and do a final coat tonight.
Not happy with the papering - it's dry and has creased in a couple of places. :sad:
Still, it's in the spare room/office so I can live with it. I ain't doing it again! :thumbsdown:
Just about to listen to Popmaster, have a cuppa and then off to the charity shop.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Busy day so far. Up early to get bread started and soup on the stove as an appointment with a sharp needle just after 0900 for liver function check which is a hangover from the gallstone episode. Next week see a Locum to discuss the blood results. Unfortunately it is one I have met before and we seem to have communication difficulties to put it kindly. Discovered before going out that some fool had not shut the freezer door properly and it was full of soft ice. Fire up the spare which must be over 40 years old and has been immersed in salt water from a very high tide but still works. It is a hangover from the days when there were fish in the sea and used to be full of cod,haddock,whiting,mackerel,scallops and what we call prawns but most call langoustine. Back after getting needled and a call at the Coop where I only shop in emergency due the horrendous weather. Empty kitchen freezer and start defrost while attending to the bread. Get wood burner lit then with defrosted freezer get the contents transferred back once it has cooled enough. Transfer soup into freezer boxes. And so it goes on.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Not bad for £8.50. :okay:

Top Bottom