The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I'm in the Cricket Pavilion cafe in Lighthorne with coffee and a teacake

IMG_20200118_105305.jpg

robgul

Legendary Member
I'm in the Cricket Pavilion cafe in Lighthorne with coffee and a teacake

View attachment 500966
That's one of my cafe stops from SuA (I just don't like the hills either of Lighthorne village) - if you are around the area have you tried the two new-ish cafes ? - one at Wellesbourne (The Garden Shed) and another at Kineton (Gilks Garage) - both are superb and geared for cyclists with decent bike racks etc.

Rob

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

D

Deleted member 1258

That's one of my cafe stops from SuA (I just don't like the hills either of Lighthorne village) - if you are around the area have you tried the two new-ish cafes ? - one at Wellesbourne (The Garden Shed) and another at Kineton (Gilks Garage) - both are superb and geared for cyclists with decent bike racks etc.

Rob

I haven't tried either of the new cafes yet. I used the farm track between Harbury and Chesterton this morning and then did the climb up over the motorway on the way out, on the way back I rode through Lighthorne, crossed the fosseway then dropped down into Wellesbourne, I was out on my fixed this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1258

I got back just after two, with 56 miles on if you believe the cycle computer, or 54.4 miles if you believe the GPS on the phone, theres normally a slight discrepancy between the two but not normally that much, the computer starts as soon as the bike moves, I switch on and off the GPS a short distance from the house. It was also a very slow ride, I took it easy on the way out to the Cricket Pavilion at Lighthorne as it was frosty, but then on the way back it seemed to be windy and the ride was slow and hard. on the way out I used the farm road between Harbury and Chesterton, on the section going past the church I found myself riding among free roaming sheep, no fences along there just cattle grids. My first ride for about 10 days so it was great to get out and I had a very enjoyable morning out riding my bike, but the low average speed was a disappointment.

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/43820433

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom