The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Went out to the shed to get so coax to wire my dual band ham radio in the volvo, and nearly got frostbite, it's so cold in that wind. I got the coax but I won't be finishing the installation until the hedgehogs stop hibernating!

Wobbling

Regular
Only work one day per week used to be three four years ago packed in high pressure job ten years ago did less stressful job for four years full time .Planned my retirement so quite ready to go this September as filled it up as I’ve gone along with exercise family friends and hobbies seemed silly to wait until I was 66 to go from full time pressurised job to full time retirement .Seen to many of my contemporaries terrified to stop work Jesus what was the point

screenman

Legendary Member
The boiler is now in bits, circuit board being tested tomorrow. Oops! top just fell off a bottle of vodka.

D

Deleted member 1258

It looks like our youngest is in the market for a new motor, dinner time I got the call, "my car won't start" I went over with the jump leads, but we couldn't start it, he called out the local mobile mechanic, who told him "the body control unit had gone" and quoted 500 quid for a replacement, the car isn't worth much more than that.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It looks like our youngest is in the market for a new motor, dinner time I got the call, "my car won't start" I went over with the jump leads, but we couldn't start it, he called out the local mobile mechanic, who told him "the body control unit had gone" and quoted 500 quid for a replacement, the car isn't worth much more than that.
Daddy to the rescue ???

D

Deleted member 1258

Daddy to the rescue ???

Sadly not in this case, I did earlier in the year, ran him home from work for a few days until they fixed it, electrical gremlin. If the mechanic is right it's not worth fixing this time and I don't have the funds to help him replace it. :sad:

Top Bottom