The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I've just been outside, :cold::cold::cold::cold: struth! many layers for my bike ride I think.
My bikes can stay tucked up where they are.........I have no desire to break my neck on slippy roads.

Mart44

Über Member
Good morning - I should have been on a U3A walk today but circumstances got in the way a bit. Had to go with Mrs Mart44 to pick up her prescription from the doctors. From there into town to drop her off so she get the prescription made up ..and so she could do her own thing around the shops for a while. I might have to pick her up later. Life just gets complicated sometimes. :smile:

Have the best day possible.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all. Late on duty although I was up bright and early.
Cold but sunny here.....windy as well.
I have been naughty and had a sausage on toast sarnie.......with BROWN sauce as it should be.
Jobs for today!!!!!!
*Return faulty floodlights for a refund.
*Sort out MrsDs car insurance
*Make a chicken curry. I am using herbs/spices & fresh ginger etc. I will leave it to marinate overnight and we eat it tomorrow.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Doggie walk done.

Worked up a bit of an appetite and thirst now........:whistle:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Got it wrong again. Lovely sunny morning but frosty. I was wakened by the gritting lorry going past about 0530 and looking out about 0900 saw one of our fast roadies going past in his lycra so roads probably ok. He is just back from a 6 week stint off the coast of West Africa where I presume it is a tad warmer tho’ he prefers it when the rig is out of sight of land on the theory that the land based pirates cannot see them so perhaps safer.
Left off going out on the road until after lunch to give time for more thaw but got some garden chores done. Now after an early lunch it is snowing and a light ground covering. Doh!

D

Deleted member 1258

Sutton Wharf at Sutton Cheney, my mid ride stop and a pleasant place for a coffee and a thaw out, though it would be nice if they had a phone signal and heating in the toilet. :cold: A cold but pleasant 54 miles this morning, it started out very bright, sunny and bitterly cold, roads were dry and clear, just the odd frozen puddle to catch out the unwary, riding through Upton I was surprised to find the road covered in slush, the only slush I'd seen during the ride. Leaving the cafe I rode through the village and turned across the main road heading towards Earl Shilton, then turned through Peckleton and on through Thurlaston, Croft and Frolesworth and onto Monks Kirby where I tuned for home, by this time it had clouded over and I was battling a strong head wind, and did so all the way home.

Top Bottom