The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
View attachment 504263

Sutton Wharf at Sutton Cheney, my mid ride stop and a pleasant place for a coffee and a thaw out, though it would be nice if they had a phone signal and heating in the toilet. :cold: A cold but pleasant 54 miles this morning, it started out very bright, sunny and bitterly cold, roads were dry and clear, just the odd frozen puddle to catch out the unwary, riding through Upton I was surprised to find the road covered in slush, the only slush I'd seen during the ride. Leaving the cafe I rode through the village and turned across the main road heading towards Earl Shilton, then turned through Peckleton and on through Thurlaston, Croft and Frolesworth and onto Monks Kirby where I tuned for home, by this time it had clouded over and I was battling a strong head wind, and did so all the way home.
[/QUOTE

Never stopped at Sutton wharf. Bit too close to home.Might give it a try though Used to walk the dog along that stretch of the canal

Re your next thread .Merlin Cycles tends to be my go to online supplier for things my LBS doesn’t stock.
Have always found their prices competitive and delivery 🚚 first rate.

classic33

Leg End Member
View attachment 504263

Sutton Wharf at Sutton Cheney, my mid ride stop and a pleasant place for a coffee and a thaw out, though it would be nice if they had a phone signal and heating in the toilet. :cold: A cold but pleasant 54 miles this morning, it started out very bright, sunny and bitterly cold, roads were dry and clear, just the odd frozen puddle to catch out the unwary, riding through Upton I was surprised to find the road covered in slush, the only slush I'd seen during the ride. Leaving the cafe I rode through the village and turned across the main road heading towards Earl Shilton, then turned through Peckleton and on through Thurlaston, Croft and Frolesworth and onto Monks Kirby where I tuned for home, by this time it had clouded over and I was battling a strong head wind, and did so all the way home.
Why a phone signal?

D

Deleted member 1258

Its a bit close to me, all those round there are, but I just pick a scenic ride home.

D

Deleted member 1258

Yes .About a 5min walk. In 32 years of living in Desford never visited

I've visited a few times, on the bike for the cafe and in the car to visit the attraction.

Top Bottom