The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. I have returned. Seems to have rained overnight but clear sky, no wind and +3C.

Vietnam and Cambodia both excellent places to visit though both were not as I expected in many ways. Travelled Hanoi to Saigon and on to Phnom Penh by coach, train and boat so feel we really did travel. Met lots of very nice people, visited some beautiful buildings, pagodas, markets etc and the Killing Fields and Prison S21. I hadn't expected the impact this would have, I was on the verge of tears and three times nearly left to return to the bus. Horrific.

Three weeks of no exercise, three meals a day, eating more than usual but no cake, confectionery, bread etc. I did limit rice or noodles to one spoonful per meal after a few days as I felt bloated.

End result +1kg which for me demonstrates the impact of a western diet. I'd expected to gain +4kg at least.

Fire building next and then a mountain of ironing

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good morning. I have returned. Seems to have rained overnight but clear sky, no wind and +3C.

Vietnam and Cambodia both excellent places to visit though both were not as I expected in many ways. Travelled Hanoi to Saigon and on to Phnom Penh by coach, train and boat so feel we really did travel. Met lots of very nice people, visited some beautiful buildings, pagodas, markets etc and the Killing Fields and Prison S21. I hadn't expected the impact this would have, I was on the verge of tears and three times nearly left to return to the bus. Horrific.

Three weeks of no exercise, three meals a day, eating more than usual but no cake, confectionery, bread etc. I did limit rice or noodles to one spoonful per meal after a few days as I felt bloated.

End result +1kg which for me demonstrates the impact of a western diet. I'd expected to gain +4kg at least.

Fire building next and then a mountain of ironing
Sounds amazing! Will there be photos?

wet outside but not raining at the moment, I may even get a ride in down wigan pier today

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all. Not too bad here but light rain is here for the day.
1st job was to put my curry in the slow cooker. Its been marinating all night. We shall (hopefully) enjoy that later on.
A couple of jobs done eg empty the dish washer and put everything away. Enjoying a cup of Yorkshires finest now.
@PaulSB I know you wont be offended as you are such a nice chap BUT....would you mind not standing too close when you type, or perhaps wear a mask. Us jolly old brits are valliantly defending ourself against this oriental Corona thingymajig:rolleyes:

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7 of course. We are fully quarantined in this house. Duct taped the doors and windows, masks and have installed new antivirus software this morning.
Theres a good chap.
When Welshie asked me to approach you on the subject she thought you would be upset but I said "NO, there is a man who watches Dads Army and understands the spirit we must show".

Top Bottom