The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I wouldn't mind the the firm or one of their employees had actually done some work, but I'd done it all. 10am tomorrow I'm back on the blower and if they don't waive it I'll cancel and go elsewhere, cheeky sods.
Further "admin fee" for cancellation?

Lee_M

Guru
Not been on here for a while, it's been too depressing.

Jogged for a bus last week, about 10 yards, not been able to walk since, never mind ride my bike. Weather is appalling too, made all the worse when you have to hobble with a walking stick - I'm only 58 FFS.

Only good news is we've accepted an offer on our house in Essex, and my late mum's house in Yorkshire, so all being well our retirement in North Wales will soon become official.

Hope it stops bloody raining by then!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. I've been awake since 04.20 but didn't want to embarrass you lot who are clearly having a lie in. I'm not sure if I'm still 7 hours ahead. I was nackered by 9.00pm last night.

Dennis is an odd storm here. Wet and miserable most of yesterday. Very heavy rain early evening, completely still at 5.00am today, followed by howling wind and rain and now just rain.

Yesterday's lethargy quickly passed. Got a load of domestic and cycle club admin done. My Vietnam photos 90% sorted and @Mo1959 I'm just looking for a secure way to share a link here.

Think I'll do an energy switch amongst other things this morning.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Been up for a while. The wind seemed to ease and there was only a faint spit of rain so I headed out. Within 5 minutes the rain got really heavy and my legs were getting cold and wet so abandoned and came back after only twenty minutes. Sod this........I've put the pjs on for the rest of the day. Of course yesterday I put my overtrousers on and it stayed dry :laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Erhh right. Lets see what Welshie has to say about that. If she agrees I will suggest it to MrsD..................from a distance:rolleyes:

Just get on with it man. :laugh:

Morning peeps. Still blowing a hoolie here.i forgot to wave
:hello:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Dennis the Menace is still going strong here, heavy heavy rain and very strong gusts of wind💨💨. It's not forecast to blow over until lunchtime at the earliest.

screenman

Legendary Member
Wow that was a bad night, electric tripped off 4 times rain coming in around bedroom window, in total not a lot of sleep going on. The back field not has several lakes on it, I have not built up the courage to go outside to look for any roof damage, I could certainly hear it moving at times though.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all. No rain at the moment but we had plenty overnight. More to come looking at that sky.
It is my 73rd birfday today:wacko:.
Now you can be honest..........from where you are I don't it do I^_^
We dont really DO birthdays apart from the big ones. MrsD is doing a nice meal later, lamb steaks with roasties etc. We have a bottle of bubbly that someone gave us. TBH its not our favourite tipple but we will have a go at that sometime today.
Have a nice day everyone.

Top Bottom