The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all. No rain at the moment but we had plenty overnight. More to come looking at that sky.
It is my 73rd birfday today:wacko:.
Now you can be honest..........from where you are I don't it do I^_^
We dont really DO birthdays apart from the big ones. MrsD is doing a nice meal later, lamb steaks with roasties etc. We have a bottle of bubbly that someone gave us. TBH its not our favourite tipple but we will have a go at that sometime today.
Have a nice day everyone.
Happy Burpday :laugh::birthday:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Wow that was a bad night, electric tripped off 4 times rain coming in around bedroom window, in total not a lot of sleep going on. The back field not has several lakes on it, I have not built up the courage to go outside to look for any roof damage, I could certainly hear it moving at times though.
Hope all is well.......keep us in the loop. We also have water ingress frm a window but I know exactly where that is getting through and should be able to seal it outside.

D

Deleted member 1258

Morning all. No rain at the moment but we had plenty overnight. More to come looking at that sky.
It is my 73rd birfday today:wacko:.
Now you can be honest..........from where you are I don't it do I^_^
We dont really DO birthdays apart from the big ones. MrsD is doing a nice meal later, lamb steaks with roasties etc. We have a bottle of bubbly that someone gave us. TBH its not our favourite tipple but we will have a go at that sometime today.
Have a nice day everyone.

Happy birthday Dave7, have a good un:cheers:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Daft question. Lol.

Does anyone else occasionally get a short spell in the day when, like just now I'm sitting here comfy, just at a perfect temperature with a lovely mug of coffee and everything feels just perfect even for a few minutes..........I have maybe lost the plot! :laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Daft question. Lol.

Does anyone else occasionally get a short spell in the day when, like just now I'm sitting here comfy, just at a perfect temperature with a lovely mug of coffee and everything feels just perfect even for a few minutes..........I have maybe lost the plot! :laugh:
Yes, usually just after draining the washing liquid bottle. :laugh:

I do get that feeling. At many different times. On the bike some days are just heaven. Watching a good film/programme alone and quietly (sometimes I like the quiet of being alone and just sit), daft but after getting the house clean. There are others which don't happen often enough.

Top Bottom