The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hello. Heavy rain. Strong winds.

Recently I have been sleeping for 7-8 hours. Very unusual. I think it's because I know there's bugger all to do. Last night was 9 from 11.20 to 8.23 - apart from the nightly stroll to the bathroom.

The list of stuff to do outside in the swamp (allotment) grows daily. I'm so far behind my mileage target it's just ridiculous.😭

Going to hoover and dust today. Not much else to so may as well get ahead.

pawl

Legendary Member
I not going anywhere today. I shall stay inside and do bugger all.:laugh:
You and me both.

D

Deleted member 1258

Hello. Heavy rain. Strong winds.

Recently I have been sleeping for 7-8 hours. Very unusual. I think it's because I know there's bugger all to do. Last night was 9 from 11.20 to 8.23 - apart from the nightly stroll to the bathroom.

The list of stuff to do outside in the swamp (allotment) grows daily. I'm so far behind my mileage target it's just ridiculous.😭

Going to hoover and dust today. Not much else to so may as well get ahead.

Beds stripped, washing on, floors to be mopped, vacuuming and polishing to be done, domestic day today, down the club later. This years mileage standing at 650, normally it would be around 800.

classic33

Leg End Member
In other news it's 305 days till Christmas..........I did have a genuine reason for looking that up.
And 7 hours, 58 minutes, 54 seconds

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've just received a withering look from Mrs P:

Mrs P: "What are you doing?"
Mr P: "Working out a longer route to the Mills and home"
Mrs P: "Why?"
Mr P: "I'm behind my mileage target for the year. I need to add miles at the start and finish of every ride."
Mrs P: "In February? Bye. I'll see you later"

Mrs P exit stage left to have coffee with friend at gym

Avoiding hills on the way out (might be late) and home (will be nackered) is the issue. I've got a route that adds 5 miles to the meet point and another which adds 3 to riding home. Meet the guys twice a week (55 miles for our ride), minimum, which gives me 150/week minimum. Now how long will my resolve last?????

Top Bottom