The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day. I don't think there was a frost last night and it's another beautiful morning.

Lockdown ride at 09.30 for which I need to work out a flat route. All the local loops from my house involve climbs. Interesting yesterday to see the police patrolling a very popular local climb. Never seen a police vehicle on this road before and twice in 30 minutes? Makes you wonder.

Emulsion is complete in the kitchen. Three door frames and a window to gloss. Hoping one coat is enough especially on window frame. Then it's empty the cupboards for a deep clean and strip and reseal the kitchen floor. We have sealed Amtico tiles - last forever - which need a very thorough clean.

Had a WhatsApp from my best friend last night. I've been worried about her so this is good. 🙂

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning lovely forumites,

I'm kicking myself for prevarication a month or so back when I was considering the purchase of a "Smart Trainer"

Looks like I'm going to be confined to the house for 3 months, Mrs Tenkay is supposed to keep her distance and sleep in separate rooms 😢

I went online to see what smart trainer is available at a reasonable cost and see they're like hens teeth.

Ah well, back to painting the outhouse floor, after that I'll probably be practicing the fold/unfold on my Brommie so I look "well cool" when I'm back in circulation 😉

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Just back a wet walk. That fine drizzly rain that seems extra wet. Lol.

Unfortunately the middle swathe of Scotland is covered by rain clouds today while everyone else appears to be dry. At least it meant it was extra quiet.

It felt weird walking back along the streets that all still had curtains and blinds shut, obviously having a long lie as they have no work to get up for.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all. As everywhere its lovely and sunny.
The wound on my leg started weeping yesterday so i bathed it and re-dressed it last night. It was sore overnight but settled down now.
Who was it gave me the link to the dressings from superdrug ?? Any chance you could resend it please.... thanks.
That virus thing re-visited us yesterday. Both were lightheaded, legs like lead and kept slightly losing balance. Not so bad this morning but I wont cycle till I am sure thats gone.
Have a good day all.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning. Just back a wet walk. That fine drizzly rain that seems extra wet. Lol.

Unfortunately the middle swathe of Scotland is covered by rain clouds today while everyone else appears to be dry. At least it meant it was extra quiet.

It felt weird walking back along the streets that all still had curtains and blinds shut, obviously having a long lie as they have no work to get up for.
I see a baby boom next December :rolleyes:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all. As everywhere its lovely and sunny.
Speak for yourself. I'm under here somewhere! :laugh::rain:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Morning all fellow retirees. Nice and sunny outside again this morning.
I have just remembered a beer making kit the my daughter bought me for Christmas. I think today will be a good day to start the process off.
I don't suppose this could be converted to a tonic making process? Serious shortage here in Lancashire and we have a lot of gin. :laugh:

I did wonder if people were buying tonic because Trump, I think, said quinine is a cure? :eek:

Top Bottom