The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:
Todays exercise will be a short doggie walk around the lanes, with a long walk around to the village to pick up some shopping tagged on immediately after.
Hmm. I wonder if this rain stays on if it might be a good idea to pop round too. Might be quiet if people don't want to venture out in the rain.

The Rover

Guru
Good day. I don't think there was a frost last night and it's another beautiful morning.

Lockdown ride at 09.30 for which I need to work out a flat route. All the local loops from my house involve climbs. Interesting yesterday to see the police patrolling a very popular local climb. Never seen a police vehicle on this road before and twice in 30 minutes? Makes you wonder.

Emulsion is complete in the kitchen. Three door frames and a window to gloss. Hoping one coat is enough especially on window frame. Then it's empty the cupboards for a deep clean and strip and reseal the kitchen floor. We have sealed Amtico tiles - last forever - which need a very thorough clean.

Had a WhatsApp from my best friend last night. I've been worried about her so this is good. 🙂

Morning.

Southport would be a nice flat route from yours. I’m sticking to 2 hr ish rides so a little too far for me at the moment. I thought I’d timed my ride spot on yesterday by arriving back at my house bang on 28 miles on my wahoo until strava knocked it down to 27.8.

My OCD hasn't fully recovered yet.

Neighbours comment on why I circle the cul de sac occasionally and look at me like I’m weirdo when I explain I’m trying to even up the numbers.........

D

Deleted member 1258

Copied from my facebook page. ^_^

1585211372132.png

I think the wife's hinting about do some painting in the house.The only thing is i haven't got the right brushes....Damn :whistle:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Council tax bill is £1400. When we bought this house way back in 1988 the rateable value was £1250. More than happy with that rise over that length of time . 😀
The rateable value was not the amount you actually paid, it was used in the calculation of the amount to pay, ie payable = rateable value * rate, if my memory is correct. ;)

Apparently the government of the time(Tories) were so rushed to get the council tax through that they used local estate agents to drive around in their cars and spend seconds outside a property and just quickly jotting the details down.That is why imo a lot of properties have got the wrong bands.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Apparently the government of the time(Tories) were so rushed to get the council tax through that they used local estate agents to drive around in their cars and spend seconds outside a property and just quickly jotting the details down.That is why imo a lot of properties have got the wrong bands.
I'm sure my dads was too high. 3 bedroom bungalow that was the same as a huge stone villa round the corner. I looked into having it checked but it sounded such a rigmarole I never bothered.

Top Bottom