The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Went to a chemist for some Floradix.....sold out.
Melolin for my leg.....sold out.
We then went for a walk which took in a Spar shop. Tried to get some bananas.....sold out.
Everyone we passed was courtious and kept at least 2 metres away.
Going out in the garden now.

bananas! We normally have one each, with breakfast, so, 14 per weekly shop. We managed to get a delivery slot with ASDA, they will only allow you to buy 5 bananas!

Drago

Legendary Member
Just back from a 15 mile bimble. Nice and sunny but cold in a few places. I had to wear my gloves and hat.
Just gloves and a hat? No wonder you were chilly.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Besides vindaloo etc korma is the only curry i dont like. TBF I only tried it once many years ago. I found it too sweet but maybe was a bad example.
Bread with allbran. Thats interesting. How much do you add and what does it do for the bread?
I had a shop bought carrots which will not keep so a biggish pot of curry and korma is the only one in the house so eat some and freeze the rest.
The all bran mix does not look good so far. It did not rise well and is still in the oven. It will still be edible but the experiment will not be repeated probably. Need to wait and see.

D

Deleted member 1258

I got back a short time ago having ridden 55 miles, my route out through Balsall Common, Hockley Heath and on to Hatton, did a small loop in Hatton and came back through Lowsonford and past Packwood house, Baddesley Clinton and through Balsall Common. Not a non stop ride today, I forgot my cereal bar so had to call into the Co Op in Hockley heath for a bar. A lovely day for a bike ride, a bit chilly at first but warming up nicely as the morning progressed, great fun on the way out running before a tailwind, not so much fun slogging into the wind on the way back with fading legs, my legs started to fade as I rode past Baddesley Clinton and by the time I was riding through Balsall Common I was riding on empty. My last ride on the fixed till next winter, I put a smidge under 2000 miles on the fixed over the winter, my next ride will be on gears.

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/46225905

D

Deleted member 1258

The Starley Sportive, the event organised by the club I used to ride with, was initially postponed due to the storm that weekend, its now been called off with riders able to get their entry fee back, so far most riders who commented on the facebook post announcing the cancellation have said pass my entry fee to the charity I don't want it back

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Why is white sugar sold by the kilo, but brown sugar by the lb?

Is this a quiz? I am shoot at quizzes.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I had a shop bought carrots which will not keep so a biggish pot of curry and korma is the only one in the house so eat some and freeze the rest.
The all bran mix does not look good so far. It did not rise well and is still in the oven. It will still be edible but the experiment will not be repeated probably. Need to wait and see.
The allbran mix turned out not too bad but only rose by about two thirds of normal. Forgot to add that in my usual slapdash manner I added a small handful of mixed fruit. Tastes ok
91B7D317-DBD5-41D6-9DDB-AF1E9491D0A9.jpeg

Top Bottom