The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

You clearing the room ready to decorate. I can hear her now......."if he can do that why......".

???

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all.
I say, its jolly cold today, what!
Lovely sunny blue sky but its going to be a max of 6° :eek:
Another good nights sleep with just a pee break.
I am sat in the conservatory enjoying my coffee. I have a Tassimo machine which makes a decent cup. Someone gave me some coffee syrups as a present so I used them and got used to them. They have gone now and the coffee tastes bitter...... but I will get used to it:rolleyes:.
No idea what we are doing food or exercise wise**. We made some decisions last night but that was before we opened the wine + cognac (not in the same glass Classic).
** think it will be the exercise bike followed by a 61 minute walk (i like to be a rebel)
Have a good day everyone.
Had I said a word?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Life is a bit like some sort of dream anyway but the clocks changing throws my body clock out a bit.
Cold but dry and almost sunny so took the trike out for a short run from the house. Trouble is I live at the top of a hill so I always have a climb back home and since I am not in peak condition I limit the distance till I work up some semblance of fitness. The garden is still too cold and wet to do anything anyway.
Word has got out that some wildlife photographer from the south of England has managed to sneak on to the island somehow and to compound matters somebody has given him accommodation. Whoever has done this had better start packing now as a mob with pitchforks is probably assembling.
I took one picture which I put on picture of the day.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I have now officially had enough of all the numpty newsreaders who seem intent on stirring things as much as possible.

When will we have a vaccination. Answer. When it's ready and safe. Reply But they are not telling us when it will be ready. Doh :eek:

Will the lockdown last until June. Answer. We don't know, it depends on so many factors. Hopefully if we all adhere to the rules it might be sooner. Reply. Why are the government not telling us when it will end. Doh again. :eek:

I have decided not to watch the news now. I will listen to the daily update but that's it. :okay:.

Same here, cannot stand anymore of the dozy questions, or, heart rending "interviews" with 30 seconds of fame numpties. I just want the facts (or as near to the as possible). ;)

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Yet another comment on Facebook local page mentioning an hour for exercise. Don’t know where this keeps coming from. I managed to find the guidelines and he apologised give him his due.

Think I’ll head through to bed and finish my book.

I suspect this must be a "Facebook rule". A similar dialogue has started on the FB page of the local cycle club. It started with a "discussion" about cycling in club colours (or not), then moved on to how far you should cycle, and, eventually, onto only cycling for an hour. Too much Facebook Stasi IMHO. ;)

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
Hi Dave, I'm in Carlton, which is the east side of Nottingham. West Leake is about 18km SW from me as the crow flies - damn sight more as the cyclist rides! Must have ridden through there a few times, but I'm more familiar with East Leake, which is erm, to the E of West Leake and a much, much bigger village. When the current crisis is over I'll have a ride out there and make a point of calling in and seeing if name-checking you earns me a discount (only kidding about the discount). A suitable loop could take in Gotham (the inspiration for Batman's home city), West Leake, East Leake and Bunny (which always raises a smile). Here's hoping it will be possible before autumn!

Off topic, have you tried Fat Boys in Arnold, proper cafe food.

Top Bottom