The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I read somewhere this morning that the head of the motoring association? advised everyone not to cycle in case they fell off and hurt themselves and needed medical treatment. :eek: what an idiot.
I might slip coming out of the bath. Am I supposed to stop having a bath? I am reaching the conclusion that this crisis is driving people apart rather than bringing them together at the moment. Please all us happily retired bimblers let's stick together! :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
I might slip coming out of the bath. Am I supposed to stop having a bath? I am reaching the conclusion that this crisis is driving people apart rather than bringing them together at the moment. Please all us happily retired bimblers let's stick together! :okay:
Don't use the toilet either
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet-related_injuries_and_deaths

4,866 people drowned to death in a bathtub in 2014.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

I think it's showing just how stupid a quite large percentage of the people of the UK are. We all know there are stupid people in the UK, but the proportion seems to be ridiculous and quite embarrassing .

Dave7

Legendary Member
What about those of us who aren't bimblers eg I am a tootler. You go for a bimble while I tootle.
I feel lonely now:sad:

D

Deleted member 1258

All this talk of accidents reminded me of this

X-MAS SAFETY​

Christmas is a time for giving, sharing and catastrophic domestic accidents.

Since 1996, 31 people have died watering their Christmas trees while the fairy lights were plugged in.

19 people have died in the last 3 years due to ingesting Christmas decorations, believing them to be chocolate.

British hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year due to over zealous cracker pulling incidents.

3 people die each year using their tongues as battery testers.

142 people were injured in 1999 by not removing pins from new shirts.

58 people are injured each year using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers.

101 people since 1999 have had broken parts of plastic toys pulled from the soles of their feet.

18 Brits got serious burns in 2000 trying on new jumpers with lit cigarettes in their mouths.

A massive 543 injuries were reported due to people trying to open beer bottles with teeth OUCH!

5 people were injured last year in accidents involving out of control Scalextric cars.

And finally

In 2000 eight Brits sustained fractured skulls whilst throwing up into the toilet.

Be careful out there!

Have a merry x-mas and a happy New Year.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
What about those of us who aren't bimblers eg I am a tootler. You go for a bimble while I tootle.
I feel lonely now:sad:
Personally I identify as a 'pootler', but am not averse to bimbling or tootling on occasion. I think this thread is sufficiently inclusive to accommodate a diverse range of ... cyclists?

Top Bottom