The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen!

Muttley walked - seemed strange walking him in the dark again.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I might slip coming out of the bath. Am I supposed to stop having a bath? I am reaching the conclusion that this crisis is driving people apart rather than bringing them together at the moment. Please all us happily retired bimblers let's stick together! :okay:
I was very worried about this 2-3 weeks ago. There seemed to be a real reaction in my group against those who continue to ride. The argument being a crash would increase pressure on the NHS. I understand the view but it's no different to getting out of your bath. I've been decorating and overbalanced on the steps several times.

I was sufficiently worried to consider stopping cycling to avoid falling out with good friends. This seems to have subsided now and I feel more comfortable with the situation.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I suspect this must be a "Facebook rule". A similar dialogue has started on the FB page of the local cycle club. It started with a "discussion" about cycling in club colours (or not), then moved on to how far you should cycle, and, eventually, onto only cycling for an hour. Too much Facebook Stasi IMHO. ;)
Two hours or 25-35 miles and no club kit is how the vast majority of my club members are reacting. Seems reasonable to me.

Although it's not happening on my FB feed there is too much FB Stasi.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Well I'm up and about. Good morning. Grey and dull but looks like the sun is breaking through. Yesterday's bitingly cold wind seems to have dropped. 4C in the backyard.

Ride planned for 09.30. Local climbs today as I haven't thought about a route. One thing I like about lockdown is it's forcing me to put together new 30-35 mile routes. Joining up lots of lanes in new ways. Really enjoying this.

Time for porridge while I scour the web for a new broadband deal.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Well I'm up and about. Good morning. Grey and dull but looks like the sun is breaking through. Yesterday's bitingly cold wind seems to have dropped. 4C in the backyard.

Ride planned for 09.30. Local climbs today as I haven't thought about a route. One thing I like about lockdown is it's forcing me to put together new 30-35 mile routes. Joining up lots of lanes in new ways. Really enjoying this.

Time for porridge while I scour the web for a new broadband deal.
Depends on what your needs are of course, but for a number of years now I've been happy with the service provided by the Phone Co-op.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all fellow retirees.
I shall be out with the dog soon and later on I will incorporate a bike ride and a trip to the grocers for some fresh fruit as we have eaten the last apple.
Other than that it will be another quiet day.
Yesterday the members of the escape committee, one of whom is in Australia had a virtual meeting via Zoom. It worked very well, 6 of us had a good chat and a bit of a laugh. We plan to do it on a weekly basis and raise a glass of ale to each other in the process .

Top Bottom