The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Me and my brother never got on. We don't look alike, think alike or act alike. In fact we have nothing in common at all. I did ask my Mum and Dad many years ago if we had been adopted. We hadn't. He looks like my mum's side of the family, and I my Dad's.
We did work at the same depot for many years, and even after 20 years there were some colleagues who didn't realise that we were brothers.
Me and my Bro didn't get on (he is 2 1/2 years older) as, in my mind he used to bully me but tbh I was probably a pain in the ar*e.
Looking back I was his best man. I have no idea why.
It was in later years that we started to interact and get closer.
As a dear friend** once said "there's nowt so queer as folk"
**go on, who said that ?

Dave7

Legendary Member
I think it's called " Barwick Green" or something similar.
My wife was a member of an online community called the " Archers Anarchists"
They were very much tongue in cheek, discussing the private lives of the characters and inventing all sorts of lurid backstories. 😁
Yes......part of a suite written by an Arthur Wood in 1924. Based on an actual place near Leeds.
Mr Google helped me.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Help me out here Dirk cas I'm a bit fick.
It seems to have got my location and tells me......
7.57 pm
9.20 pm bright
It shows it going over but (at a guess) 50 miles south of here. Does "bright" mean they expect a clear sky or that it will be close?
I am doing this on my phone so will try it on the lap top later.
I think it means it will look bright if the sky is clear.
It also shows a street view of your house and simulates which way the satellite traverses the sky from your point of view.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Me and my brother never got on. We don't look alike, think alike or act alike. In fact we have nothing in common at all. I did ask my Mum and Dad many years ago if we had been adopted. We hadn't. He looks like my mum's side of the family, and I my Dad's.
We did work at the same depot for many years, and even after 20 years there were some colleagues who didn't realise that we were brothers.
That could be my story!
How are you brother?
Haven't seen or heard from you in 9 years! :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Hmm, wonder if there's a tracking site thingy? Sky looks to be clear again tonight. I would quite like to see that.
Summat like this?
https://www.n2yo.com/?s=27942

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

The old devil is always wheel sucking me and won’t come through for his turn

He's been on my wheel for years, I've been trying to drop him but can't seem to manage it.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Help me out here Dirk cas I'm a bit fick.
It seems to have got my location and tells me......
7.57 pm
9.20 pm bright
It shows it going over but (at a guess) 50 miles south of here. Does "bright" mean they expect a clear sky or that it will be close?
I think it means it will look bright he the sky is clear.
@Dirk is right. When the ISS passes over its brightness changes depending on its orientation relative to you and to the sun. Sometimes its really bright and at others less so.
The two times given for tonight indicate that it will pass over and be visible twice. Always amazes me that it goes right around the Earth in the hour and a bit between the first and second pass ... not much more time than it used to take me to do the 13 miles travelling home on the bus from work.

classic33

Leg End Member
Me and my Bro didn't get on (he is 2 1/2 years older) as, in my mind he used to bully me but tbh I was probably a pain in the ar*e.
Looking back I was his best man. I have no idea why.
It was in later years that we started to interact and get closer.
As a dear friend** once said "there's nowt so queer as folk"
**go on, who said that ?
A relative of Gordon's.

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all. Talking of brothers, I've got 4 brothers and we all get on well. we've got a 'WhatsApp' thingie where we pass on jokes and other gossip.

Another lazy day, not going out 3rd day in a row, might have to get the old Jig Saw puzzle out :smile:
I've a 20 piece one I might lend you.

Top Bottom