The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
You lot are making me feel like a right lazy slob. I didn't get out of be till 0800.
Just enjoying my coffee while deliberating what the day will bring.
Last night our daughter phoned us via whatsapp. Its very good with a clear picture.
The 2 'lads' (aged 22 and 24) are with them full time and managing to fall out over trivial things. Daughter is telling them "look, people are dying everywhere and you are arguing about a phone charger" :wacko:. I am saying "listen, I was married with a baby (out of choice) aged 22......you really need to grow up"........problem is they just dont really like each other and never have:sad:.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
http://granddaughter.xxx

Did you know they were due to go over at that time ?
If so, how ?
Morning all :hello:

It was in our local paper that the ISS was coming over - but there was no mention of Starlink, that was an added bonus.
A pal of mine sent me this link which can give details and notices of any satellite that is visible from your home.
https://james.darpinian.com/satelli...cbozukA2bCbiF9cic0FQiE44sQYZfprGDqevq_LJr92EM

Dave7

Legendary Member
BTW.......IMPORTANT NEWS ^_^
I think I have fixed the bread maker^_^^_^.The loaf turned out well and after the machine cooled down I fiddled with the hinged lid and eventually it clicked into place. The is a piece out of the face but its cosmetic.
That save me 70 quid plus a 30 mile round trip. MrsD says we should go for it anyway "just in case". We've had the thing years, is it likely to fall off the shelf again:wacko:.
No doubt it will break down next week and she can give me that look.......you know the look Mo & Welshie, the one that only women can do:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
You lot are making me feel like a right lazy slob. I didn't get out of be till 0800.
Just enjoying my coffee while deliberating what the day will bring.
Last night our daughter phoned us via whatsapp. Its very good with a clear picture.
The 2 'lads' (aged 22 and 24) are with them full time and managing to fall out over trivial things. Daughter is telling them "look, people are dying everywhere and you are arguing about a phone charger" :wacko:. I am saying "listen, I was married with a baby (out of choice) aged 22......you really need to grow up"........problem is they just dont really like each other and never have:sad:.

My brothers and sister and I never liked each other either. :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

It was in our local paper that the ISS was coming over - but there was no mention of Starlink, that was an added bonus.
A pal of mine sent me this link which can give details and notices of any satellite that is visible from your home.
https://james.darpinian.com/satelli...cbozukA2bCbiF9cic0FQiE44sQYZfprGDqevq_LJr92EM
Help me out here Dirk cas I'm a bit fick.
It seems to have got my location and tells me......
7.57 pm
9.20 pm bright
It shows it going over but (at a guess) 50 miles south of here. Does "bright" mean they expect a clear sky or that it will be close?
I am doing this on my phone so will try it on the lap top later.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Morning folks,

A frustrating day yesterday trying to update the Club website ( recently switched to WordPress)

Mrs Tenkay informs me that the virus has yet to reach Ambridge so I expect there's some frantic scriptwriting going on at the moment.
( Mrs Tenkay has the Archers theme tune as her ringtone, and her car had a sticker in the window saying " The Archers are real, there is no Cast")
Have a lovely day folks 👍

Dave7

Legendary Member
Thanks Mo. I will have to try that on the laptop as I am getting a message that my device cannot download google maps.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Help me out here Dirk cas I'm a bit fick.
It seems to have got my location and tells me......
7.57 pm
9.20 pm bright
It shows it going over but (at a guess) 50 miles south of here. Does "bright" mean they expect a clear sky or that it will be close?
I am doing this on my phone so will try it on the lap top later.
I have an App on my phone called "Heavens-Above" which is rather good.
Because of the wonders of GPS you just open the app and point your phone at the sky and it shows you a star map which moves around in real time as you move the phone. If you touch a spot on the screen it identifies the star/planet.
There's also an option to show satellite tracking in real time.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning folks,

A frustrating day yesterday trying to update the Club website ( recently switched to WordPress)

Mrs Tenkay informs me that the virus has yet to reach Ambridge so I expect there's some frantic scriptwriting going on at the moment.
( Mrs Tenkay has the Archers theme tune as her ringtone, and her car had a sticker in the window saying " The Archers are real, there is no Cast")
Have a lovely day folks 👍
By coincidence we were discussing the Archers theme tune last evening and neither of us could recall it (not listened to it for 50 years) so I googled it. Its actually a great piece of music.

Tenkaykev

Guru
By coincidence we were discussing the Archers theme tune last evening and neither of us could recall it (not listened to it for 50 years) so I googled it. Its actually a great piece of music.

I think it's called " Barwick Green" or something similar.
My wife was a member of an online community called the " Archers Anarchists"
They were very much tongue in cheek, discussing the private lives of the characters and inventing all sorts of lurid backstories. 😁

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My brothers and sister and I never liked each other either. :laugh:
Me and my brother never got on. We don't look alike, think alike or act alike. In fact we have nothing in common at all. I did ask my Mum and Dad many years ago if we had been adopted. We hadn't. He looks like my mum's side of the family, and I my Dad's.
We did work at the same depot for many years, and even after 20 years there were some colleagues who didn't realise that we were brothers.

Top Bottom