The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Today I shall be painting the Southern aspect of Dirk Manor.
Might get out for a walk later.

Drago

Legendary Member
Wallpaper was invented by the ancient chinese for decorating tombs. You heard it here first.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

Yesterday afternoon was spent sprucing up one of Mrs Tenkay's bikes which will be being used on a smart trainer which hopefully arrives tomorrow.
A quick tot up shows 7 bikes in total, as that's not divisible by 2, I suppose that means we need another bike 🚲🤔

IaninSheffield

Veteran
After the rain first thing, it is now gloriously sunny with a slight breeze.
Today's short run was around the 'tip'. Sometimes hard to believe so many of these former eyesores are now often wildlife reserves and popular places for recreation. Given our location, it's hardly surprising we have several within easy striking distance.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
After the rain first thing, it is now gloriously sunny with a slight breeze.
Today's short run was around the 'tip'. Sometimes hard to believe so many of these former eyesores are now often wildlife reserves and popular places for recreation. Given our location, it's hardly surprising we have several within easy striking distance.
Yes, same here. Near where I live, we have an area called “Colliery Wood”. It is now, as it’s name suggests, an area of woodland, with a stream and gravel paths for walking cycling. It used to be a Coal Mine site and coal storage area. I recall as a child going there with others, to “pick coal” from the waste heaps, make rafts and sail on the “pit ponds” which formed in the hollows of the waste heaps. Much prettier, and safer, now, but, doesn’t provide any jobs. ;)

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good morning fellow retirees,

Yesterday afternoon was spent sprucing up one of Mrs Tenkay's bikes which will be being used on a smart trainer which hopefully arrives tomorrow.
A quick tot up shows 7 bikes in total, as that's not divisible by 2, I suppose that means we need another bike 🚲🤔
Definitely. I have actually lost count of how many I have at the moment! :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
You are either good at wallpapering or you're not. I'm in the latter.:sad:
I was quite good** at papering and used to quite enjoy it (not the preperation part though). Our stairwell has a big drop.....must be best part of 18 feet and I enjoyed the challenge of that.
Nowadays I pay someone else to do it.
** when an expert does it I realise I wasn't as good as I used to think :rolleyes:

Top Bottom