The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Cloudy and very breezy this morning. Our village shop has new owners from last Saturday. This morning everyone received a letter informing us paper deliveries cease on Friday!! Lesson No. 1 in how to alienate your customers!!! Our community FB Page is already alive with middle-class chatter ^_^

Anyway. This morning’s task is to clean the car. Then finish preparations for club AGM. This includes having thousands of £s worth of kit available for collection.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Waiting for the postman, he is bringing something special for my better half.:okay:

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Our house is built on the site of an old farmyard and the back garden is where the old duck pond was. This winter it made a reappearance for a few weeks so the lawn has only just dried out enough to have its first cut of the year. It's not a big lawn but it's going to take some fettling today.
Also got to wait in today for the arrival of a visitor who we're looking after this week. Max is a spaniel cross rescued from an abusive owner but he's a grand dog and I'm looking forward to some long walks with him.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
we ( Me , Mrs Subaqua and the kids ) made the decision to sell up in London and move out to the southwest. both of us are getting more annoyed by our jobs.

if we sell we can pay mortgage off, buy a place outright and still have cash in bank with no need to work ... going to be done by Aug 2019/ early 2020
Oi, bugger off! The South West is full.:laugh:
Seriously though, I'm amazed more London folk don't do that.

GM

Legendary Member
we ( Me , Mrs Subaqua and the kids ) made the decision to sell up in London and move out to the southwest. both of us are getting more annoyed by our jobs.

if we sell we can pay mortgage off, buy a place outright and still have cash in bank with no need to work ... going to be done by Aug 2019/ early 2020

I don't blame you, we're in the process of doing the same. Not to the south west mind you, too many pensioners down there! :giggle:

Top Bottom