The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
There's no way I'm going to waste 25 minutes watching someone solve a Sudoku puzzle... :laugh:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKf9aUIxdb4&feature=youtu.be

I've got video of me painting my bungalow if you prefer. :laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I'm not party to the full facts of the case.
Everyone seems to have their own agenda.
The only information available is either contrived or controlled by the MSM.
On that basis I'll reserve judgement until I'm convinced one way or the other.
On the other hand - I just can't be arsed with all the petty political point scoring.

Totally agree with you. Too many people with too many agendas and newspapers that are owned by right or left wingers and they themselves have an agenda.

I don't know the facts, so I don't make comment one way or the other. I am however sick of hearing about it, so I have stopped watching the so called news..:okay:

welsh dragon

In other news, I have bimbled. 12 miles for me. Quite a headwind at times but lovely in the sun. Clear deep blue skies and hardly a cloud to be seen. A couple of cyclists and a tad more traffic, but overall very quiet for a bank holiday Monday.

Dave7

Legendary Member
In other news, I have bimbled. 12 miles for me. Quite a headwind at times but lovely in the sun. Clear deep blue skies and hardly a cloud to be seen. A couple of cyclists and a tad more traffic, but overall very quiet for a bank holiday Monday.

View attachment 524789

View attachment 524790

View attachment 524791

View attachment 524792

View attachment 524793
Welshie.....a serious question. If you are on an e bike does a slight headwind make a difference ?
I will have no hesitation getting one when I feel the time is right for me.
I play golf with guys who are 80+. They use electric buggies to get around on. Its a new lease of life for them.
Hardly any wind here. It was very pleasant this morning.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Totally agree with you. Too many people with too many agendas and newspapers that are owned by right or left wingers and they themselves have an agenda.

I don't know the facts, so I don't make comment one way or the other. I am however sick of hearing about it, so I have stopped watching the so called news..:okay:
You are a woman right.
You dont need facts in order to comment^_^
I hope MrsD doesnt read that:rolleyes:

welsh dragon

Welshie.....a serious question. If you are on an e bike does a slight headwind make a difference ?
I will have no hesitation getting one when I feel the time is right for me.
I play golf with guys who are 80+. They use electric buggies to get around on. Its a new lease of life for them.
Hardly any wind here. It was very pleasant this morning.

It does yes. Of course it depends on how much assistance you use, but you can see feel the wind.

If you have it on Low assistance, then you still get a good workout . And the wind can take you by surprise just as much as if you are on an ordinary bike. The assistance is fab on steep hills i must admit and is very welcome indeed. :laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Well I am on a bit of a high. Went out this morning for the Assault on Birdy Brow - one of the official top 100 northwest climbs. There are numerous segments but smashed my PB on them all by +/- 60 seconds. Taken third place in age group on all bar one where I'm first - mind you I'm 29 seconds off the pace to get the leaderboard!! God knows where I'll find 30 seconds!! :ohmy:

This was a target for 2020 so feeling good. 😄

Dave7

Legendary Member
It does yes. Of course it depends on how much assistance you use, but you can see feel the wind.

If you have it on Low assistance, then you still get a good workout . And the wind can take you by surprise just as much as if you are on an ordinary bike. The assistance is fab on steep hills i must admit and is very welcome indeed. :laugh:
I did some steep hills today. Those motorway bridges can be a bitch.
At the moment I am ok for some hills etc but as I say I will not hesitate when I feel I need it it.
Stay safe and enjoy.

monkers

Veteran
My friend is a paraglider pilot. She's pretty obsessed by it and flies at every opportunity. A few years ago, after many attempts, she flew 6km across country. I met her shortly afterwards, she was so very excited and beaming so broadly, she almost had a flip top head.

She wanted a bike to ride to work on. She was resistant to the idea of a bike with drop bars and skinny tyres; she bought a Live Alight 3. It's nice and comfortable, and suitable for commuting. We've been on a couple of bike rides together recently, she's struggled to match the pace made by me on my Cube Axial Ws.

This morning, we rode on a route through Gosport, called Henry Cort Way. It's the repurposed remnants of the abondoned railway line, used only by buses and cyclists. It was my first time riding it, it has a nice, smooth fast surface, and plenty of other bikes were around.

My friend wished to try my bike for the first time, so we switched. She just took off and left me for dead, passing others on the road with ease. After a couple of miles, she was on the side of the road, with that flip top head that I hadn't seen the like of for a few years, beaming ear to ear she pronounced, 'I'm getting one of these'. I didn't get it straight back either, she took off back the way we'd came. She chased down a group of young men pushing on ahead of her. I had no answer to her pace while I was riding her Liv.

Today a new cyclist was born.

Last edited:
Top Bottom