The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Morning all. I am feeling a little jaded this morning, maybe the wine was off or maybe I just drank too much of it last night. Lol
Plan for the day , finish my cup of tea in bed. Make coffee and toast, then think about going for 25 miles bimble with the wife. She wants call in and check on her mum and dad and go down the sailing to check on her boat. TBH I am not sure who she loves most , I do know that I am third on the list though 😂😂😂

oldwheels

Legendary Member
@oldwheels ....going over things in my mind.
If you could pick one single dive as your favourite....what would it be.
Mine was somewhere south of Sharm when myself and a mate got dropped off for a drift dive. There was absolutely no one else there.
We dropped to 30 metres and slowly drifted up. It lasted one hour and it felt like we were the only people in the world.
Sent our marker bouy up and the guy collected us. Wonderful memory.
That is a bit difficult as there were so many good dives. Wonderful cliff dive at the north end of Calve Island but also out in the middle of the Sound near the New Rocks buoy with lots of pinnacles and sandy bits. Drift dive off Coll among shoals of fish and for excitement flying with arms outstretched down the Falls of Lora dodging round rocks on the way. Even night dives collecting souvenirs just off the Mishnish pier. The torch light picks out things not seen in daylight. Too many to pick out one alone.
As an aside I trust you did not pick up scallops near any moorings as that is a storage area for small ones and to put it mildly can lead to nasty and sometimes violent repercussions.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all fellow retirees.
The sun is shining and the temperature is rising.
Had an email from the water company telling me that they are reducing the pressure slightly because of the lack of rain in the past two months.
Not a lot going on today, dog walking as normal but I will stay clear of most places because of the bank holiday Monday trippers.
Stay safe everyone.

Dave7

Legendary Member
That is a bit difficult as there were so many good dives. Wonderful cliff dive at the north end of Calve Island but also out in the middle of the Sound near the New Rocks buoy with lots of pinnacles and sandy bits. Drift dive off Coll among shoals of fish and for excitement flying with arms outstretched down the Falls of Lora dodging round rocks on the way. Even night dives collecting souvenirs just off the Mishnish pier. The torch light picks out things not seen in daylight. Too many to pick out one alone.
As an aside I trust you did not pick up scallops near any moorings as that is a storage area for small ones and to put it mildly can lead to nasty and sometimes violent repercussions.
No.....all good size 😊

GM

Legendary Member
Me too. I am so angry with the attitude of Cummings, Boris and the like.:angry:

Yep me too, I'm just glad I didn't vote for them!

GM

Legendary Member
Thinking of getting one of these T-Shirts...:smile:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all... Been engrossed in this Cummins saga on several forums for most of yesterday and this morning...words fail me!!!
I'm not party to the full facts of the case.
Everyone seems to have their own agenda.
The only information available is either contrived or controlled by the MSM.
On that basis I'll reserve judgement until I'm convinced one way or the other.
On the other hand - I just can't be arsed with all the petty political point scoring.

Top Bottom