The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
I bimbled. 38 miles in perfect temperatures for me. Not too hot.

I stopped to pay my respects to Maggie!

View attachment 525390

Get the suncream ready for Friday Mo, it's going to be 25 degrees where you are :sun:

Another great photo!

IaninSheffield

Veteran
I've been out this afternoon. A little more wind here than the forecast had indicated, but good riding.

I wrote the other day about this great road I've found called Henry Cort Way. It carries just bikes and the occasional bus. Being a repurposed railway track it's arrow straight, two miles of smooth fast tarmac, unfortunately with three sets of lights. Plenty of bikes down there, some getting quite a wiggle on. It's no scenic route, but it's a fun ride.

I got stuck in today to work on my weight and fitness. I've been up and down it eight times in succession making 32 miles plus a few more getting there and back. This is by far my longest ride in 30 years or so. I'll tell you how I am tomorrow ^_^
Good session. Well done.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I must be getting gaga. Got a mixed bag of meat stuff from the local estate highland cattle herd. Large frozen packs. Sausage links in a large lump and I let them thaw out and then today put them all to cook in the remoska cooker before refreezing most of them. I carefully counted 10 into the cooker but when I came to take them out there were only 9. This was lunch time so I was still sober. Doh.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just one question.
Given the weather, why did you go on a sunbed?
Its a plastic bed in the sun = sun bed ^_^

PaulSB

Legendary Member
He made a post a few days ago following some disagreement he'd had with somebody; he sounded ready to leave the site over it.

I hope he doesn't, he's quite local to me, fishes on the beach where I live in fact.
For some reason I'd always thought he lived in Oxfordshire. Didcot in fact. Absolutely bizarre and no idea why I thought this!

Tenkaykev

Guru
Space launch tonight!

As a child I used to watch the Sky at Night with Patrick Moor. Watched the first moon landing and have been a bit of a Sci Fi aficionado all my life.
Watching the Space X rockets landing next to each other was jaw dropping, and watching a live HD Video stream from a rocket as it's climbing into orbit is quite surreal.
I'll be glued to the screen, figures crossed that the weather is kind and the launch goes ahead. 🚀🚀🚀

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Top Bottom