The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I am down the bottom of the garden stripping off.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all fellow wheezers, a bit overcast outside at the moment. It's forecast for more sun later. A domestics day today as the place is looking a bit of a mess.
We have upgraded the broadband and the nice person from BT is coming today to set it up and check everything.
Plus dog walking, maybe another bike ride later life is quite predictable at the moment.
I'm getting fed up with this lock down thing, although as cyclists we have been able to get out and about.
Stay safe everyone.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning gang.
Mo I am the same as you. I just need 2 hours sleep. Then another 2 hours. Then another.......etc. I really do enjoy a good nights sleep.
I recall lying in the garden with MrsD on my chest forcing another whisky down me. Next thing, I was in bed and it was 0600 :wacko:.
Anyway, I got up and made a vegetable casserole which is now in the slow cooker-we will have that re-heated tomorrow (tastes nicer the 2nd day).
I am now going to put bread on to bake.
I will have an early ride today. Twiddled with the saddle yesterday......brought it forward.....so will see how that is.
Hey ho its a busy life :rolleyes:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. Once again Paradise has dawned in the Lord's county.

I feel physically normal - legs apart excluded

No riding today as I need to rest. Clearly hurt my legs on Monday and have still to recover. Today has some small stuff on the agenda:
  • Small pile of ironing
  • Fix chip in window frame
  • Final baton on fruit cage
  • Pricking out
  • Thin seedlings in beds
After this who knows.........best to be spontaneous. I'm sort of wishing I hadn't split my logs in February.......

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

No riding today as I need to rest. Clearly hurt my legs on Monday and have still to recover. Today has some small stuff on the agenda:
  • Small pile of ironing
  • Pricking out
  • Thin seedlings in beds
After this who knows.........best to be spontaneous. I'm sort of wishing I hadn't split my logs in February.......

We have a new log supplier and Mr WD hasn't had to split any of the logs. All he had to do was stack them in the log store. I have no doubt he will wish he had some to split later on in the year. :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member

• Small pile of ironing
  • Pricking out
  • Thin seedlings in beds
We have Screenman stripping off. Now we have you 'pricking out'.
Poor Welshie doesn't know where to look :rolleyes:

monkers

Veteran
Good morning everyone.

Somehow I'm still alive after pushing it a bit hard yesterday. The sorry carcass is a little sorrier this morning than most days, but it's looking glorious out there, so I will allow myself a slow start (just like yesterday in fact) and then venture out for a slow ten.

Sounds like I might need to be careful about where I point the camera by the sound of it. :laugh:

Some small chores to do. After a small water leak in the loft, the loft hatch has gone all manky, so I'll cut out a fresh piece of ply this morning and paint it up.

I've had no Yorkyshire as yet, so I'd better crack on. I'll likely breeze back in later.

Have a great day whatever you do.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I am filing for divorce...............sad but probably unavoidable. Mrs P has cut me to the quick, I am deeply hurt, insulted, depressed and generally unhappy...............she has said my youngest boy's bike is more beautiful than my fabulous Cervelo....................................trouble is she's probably right!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom