The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Have to say I feel good today and it's time to mention why. Firstly I am to become a grandparent in mid-November, first one. The last time the pregnancy ended very early but this time we are at 14 weeks already, things are looking good! :bravo:

The other reason is I saw my best friend last night. Only a long chat on the doorstep. We last met up in January and during lockdown I've been concerned for several reasons but was delighted to see things are as I hoped and she is mostly good.

Many congratulations on the good news.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good morning. Just had breakfast and will take Molly for a walk shortly. Nothing serious planned for today despite the lovely weather. Bike ride this afternoon as I am not keen on morning rides, I prefer about 2pm. Stay safe everyone.

D

Deleted member 1258

Have to say I feel good today and it's time to mention why. Firstly I am to become a grandparent in mid-November, first one. The last time the pregnancy ended very early but this time we are at 14 weeks already, things are looking good! :bravo:

The other reason is I saw my best friend last night. Only a long chat on the doorstep. We last met up in January and during lockdown I've been concerned for several reasons but was delighted to see things are as I hoped and she is mostly good.

Congratulations! :cheers:

Started the day with a pre-breakfast walk up the local hillside. I made no attempt to dress it up as exercise, I took my binoculars and sat down at various points just to take in all the birdsong around me. Strictly speaking this still isn’t allowed here but I only saw 2 other people once I was away from the houses so it wasn’t the most heinous of transgressions.
It gave me a joyful hour or so, lots of willow warblers, chiff-chaffs, whitethroats and wrens and I think the odd garden warbler and blackcap but my song recognition skills aren’t quite up to those. The only thing missing was one of the dippers I usually see on the burn. A good way to start the day, I think I will do this more often.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Started a bit misty so down to the coop for my weekly shop at 0805. Only veg in stock is cauliflower and not very big either. Complaints apparently that people are going to the shop too often. Never seems to occur to them that the reason is lack of stock and if you really want something you have to keep going in the hope it may appear. No ketchup but I can do without.
Back to the grass cutting again and hope to get out later. Midges have made a very slight appearance.
Garden is a shambles this year and my cabbage seedlings are very poorly as well as the courgettes. Cannot of course get away to get more but my family on mainland are going to see what they can get. Son is elfin safety and is sending me some heavy duty face masks for when I can travel.

classic33

Leg End Member

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6KJGJRd8pGE

IaninSheffield

Veteran

Wonderful news Paul :smile:

Just listened to the first two episodes of the coronavirus Archers. Oh dear, what a disappointment. How can bands play together, families have video conference calls and businesses have virtual team meetings whilst isolated in their own houses but Archers actors can’t delivery anything other than soliloquys. Painful.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Very busy on the beach this morning, so we went to the Pill instead.
Fair number of people there, mainly local kids enjoying the high tide.

Top Bottom