The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think it is time for me to stop watching the news.....ever again.

Trials by newspapers, tv companies, schlebs and 40 million self righteous jurers is not something I want to see or listen to.

A care worker was harassed in a supermarket the other day by an Incredibly uneducated woman who claimed the care worker should not be allowed into a supermarket to buy non essential goods because of the risk of germs, but if she had been buying essential items that WOULD have been ok? Plus other equally bullying comments about others are inclined to make me a bit :hyper:. So i shall walk away very fastly and I shall hit Mr WD about the head if he tries to talk about the news. :laugh:
Same here. I stopped watching/listening to all forms of television and radio news not long after it all started. I haven’t missed it.

GM

Legendary Member
G'day all...I haven't bought a newspaper for about 3 years now, I used to buy the i newspaper when I was wo*king just for the puzzle page and a brief skim over the headlines. Mrs GM on the other hand will watch the news and parliament channels 24/7 if I let her, she tells me all the important bits.
Just had a nice long walk with Alan the whippet, hopefully another short little pootle later. 🌈

Another one envying Mo's cassette :whistle: just what I need for these north London hills!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
A spot of advice needed for a friend. He has an MTB but finds his current tyres make road riding really difficult. He's asked me where or if he can get slicks or semi-slicks. MTB stuff is way out of my experience. Without me getting involved elsewhere does anyone know about the possibilities? The current tyres are marked:

54-559 26x2.10. to fit HB575 rim

Mo1959

Legendary Member
A spot of advice needed for a friend. He has an MTB but finds his current tyres make road riding really difficult. He's asked me where or if he can get slicks or semi-slicks. MTB stuff is way out of my experience. Without me getting involved elsewhere does anyone know about the possibilities? The current tyres are marked:

54-559 26x2.10. to fit HB575 rim

View attachment 525223

View attachment 525224
Getting harder to get 26” tyre choice these days. SoMething like the Schwalbe Marathon Supreme but the 26 x 2 that would be the nearest seems to be out of stock everywhere. 26 x 1.6 might be a bit narrow.

Top Bottom