The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Bit overcast up here this morning but dry. Coffee then out for a walk.

Green bin day. :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
A jolly splendid good morning to one and all^_^.
Hot hot hot one today.
I was lying in bed wide awake at 0530 so got up. TBH though I feel knackered. Maybe this coffee will help.
Golf this morning. Could only get the 1030 slot which is too late for my taste but hey ho. Its only 9 holes so I will be home for 1300ish.
Apart from that I cant get my head around anything :wacko:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

Another glorious sunny day today. I was on the phone with an ex wo*K colleague yesterday, he's just purchased a couple of electric bikes for his wife and himself, he's 71 and was last on a bike at the age of 16 😯

I gave you all some duff info the other day. Mrs Tenkay latest turbo trip is London to Paris and not Coast to Coast as I said. I'm still beavering away towards John O'Groats, another two or three days should see me finished and then I'll look for another challenge.
Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🏃🚶🚲🌞

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day. I am now ready to face the world. It is the most glorious morning absolutely perfect for cycling. At 10.00 myself and a friend are heading off on a great route to Ribchester for our lunch. We will be rolling along country lanes, having a natter at a nice steady 16-18mph. Looking forward to this. For those who like to know we are riding this route. We won't use the same start and finish points as I rejigged the route a bit so club members can use it from the official meet point.

Home >Preston >Catforth >Broughton >Goosnargh >Chipping >Longridge >Ribchester >Osbaldestone >tiny lanes to home.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/32700129

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow members.
A bit of a strange day today. A very good friend of mine is being buried today, but obviously I cannot attend. The Old Codgers group of retired train drivers are going to line the route of the hearse, social distancing of course. We thought that this would be a fitting tribute to him, from a distance, showing support to his family who we know well.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Have to say I feel good today and it's time to mention why. Firstly I am to become a grandparent in mid-November, first one. The last time the pregnancy ended very early but this time we are at 14 weeks already, things are looking good! :bravo:

The other reason is I saw my best friend last night. Only a long chat on the doorstep. We last met up in January and during lockdown I've been concerned for several reasons but was delighted to see things are as I hoped and she is mostly good.

monkers

Veteran
Good morning all. It's beautiful here. I completed three rides out yesterday, each of about ten miles; so that's my biggest mileage in a single day for about 30 years. I went to bed stupid 'o' clock last night so I'm a little groggy and a small amount of achiness this morning.
I've had my usual breakfast this morning, was naughty yesterday and had this weird home-made banana loaf cake hybrid thing instead.
I'll be in the saddle shortly. Have fun everyone and take excellent care in all you do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom