The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I saw Steve Gibbons several times around 1970 at local college gigs in Birmingham. Always a good show and I never understood why he never had more popular and commercial success.
I also saw him when he played in a band called Balls featuring Denny Laine (who lived at the top of our road at the time) ,Trevor Burton from the Move and other members who would later end up in ELO.
The Brum Rock scene was bangin' in the late 60s and early 70s.
http://www.brumbeat.net/index.htm
As a teenager at the time it was quite exciting.:becool:
My sister in law went out with the drummer from the Idle Race at one time. There's a claim to fame. :laugh:

Denny Laine and the Diplomats popped into my head when I saw his name.

I was living in Brum and w*rking at Longbridge making the Allegro ( mea Culpa) great music scene 👍

pawl

Legendary Member
Well the trying to go back to sleep thing didn't work............. possibly I need @Drago to pop round and take out the local wood pigeon population. You know there at it again - a month ago it was all flapping around, jostling for position, chasing females. Chicks have only just fledged and they are at it again!!!! :eek:

So. Good Morning. It's deliciously cool and sunny. I've had a comfort breakfast of brown sourdough, marmalade and coffee. Shortly I'll depart for the allotment - lots of sweeping to do as last week's winds brought down beech nut husks, beech and sycamore flowers etc. All good for my compost heaps.

Later I shall try to nap for a couple of hours. 🤞🤞

When Drago has finished your pigeons off send him down to me.There are three frequent my garden .Kick off abought 5,30

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Hot already but very windy. Not going to exercise today as I seem to have more difficulty with heat than I remember. Staying in the shade mostly.
Surely this has to be a wind up but sadly I think not. Looking at the Oban Facebook page somebody is advertising Christmas Advent Sets whatever they are. It is still [but only just] the month of May.

GM

Legendary Member
Morning all...Late again!...Just done my good deed for the day, got the jump leads out to help start our neighbour's car. He hadn't used it for 6 weeks.

Breakfast done, Porridge and wife's home made Wheaten bread, (just like her mum made) rather liking this Frank Cooper marmalade :okay:.

Out for a ride short ride soon, see you later! 🌈

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just back from a pleasant 10 miler**. Not bad considering the banging hangover I woke with at 05.00. Have to be honest though, it's left me totally knackered.
Not sure about doing anything on the flower beds for the above reason.
Family BBQ at 1400. I will be in bed approximately 30 seconds after they leave:wacko:.
**as I said earlier its been a long lay off. 3 x 10 milers in the last 3 days. This week I am planning another 10, a 15 then a 20 next weekend. Hoping to get back up to 30s asap.

classic33

Leg End Member
When Drago has finished your pigeons off send him down to me.There are three frequent my garden .Kick off abought 5,30
You need the following:
Large plastic bottle
Cheap beer/booze
Slice of bread

Leave the lid in place.
Cut out a small panel on the side.
Leave the bottle on it's side, with the bread in it.
Pour the cheap beer/booze in.
Place somewhere it is unlikely to be knocked. (Panel uppermost).

You'll have a quiet day the day after you put it out.

Dave7

Legendary Member
You need the following:
Large plastic bottle
Cheap beer/booze
Slice of bread

Leave the lid in place.
Cut out a small panel on the side.
Leave the bottle on it's side, with the bread in it.
Pour the cheap beer/booze in.
Place somewhere it is unlikely to be knocked. (Panel uppermost).

You'll have a quiet day the day after you put it out.
Classic has got it partially right BUT.....
You get the booze
You get the empty plastic bottle
You get the slice of of bread

You drink all the booze.
Then you have a quiet day ^_^

Top Bottom