The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Like Mo and Paulsb I didn't sleep well last night.......a mere 7 hours ^_^. And that was on top of the 2 hours kip on the sun bed in the afternoon. Do I have a problem?
I have a 10 miler at 10.00. Family are coming around for a BBQ at 1400. I know, we are a day early.... so sue me :rolleyes:
MrsD is going to take the aunty out for a short walk this morning......just around the cemetry so she can see the grave of her husband who died over 45 years ago :sad:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Right I really am going now but one quickie.........I'm doing this Facebook thing on posting one album cover a day for ten days. It should be albums which have influenced one's musical taste. It's been fun. I ran through all my LPs (:eek:) and decided I would do this chronologically. To my surprise the earliest album I have after the Beatles is Cream and Disraeli Gears. I was 13.

Now we are all of a similar generation and some are from the Midlands. I went to college in Pershore '74 - '76. One of the girls in my year went out with a guy called Mick who used to roadie for this band. They played our Student Union a few times, great nights. Mr Gibbons comes from Harborne where we lived from '80 - '82. Anyone else remember this band? Not many people I know have come across them before.

Dave7

Legendary Member
They all have friends called Suzy..................dad always said their call was "Do you know Suzy like I know Suzy". If you listen to it, it does :laugh:
To me it sounds like........"I am going to sit outside your window and annoy you" :rolleyes:

screenman

Legendary Member
Right I really am going now but one quickie.........I'm doing this Facebook thing on posting one album cover a day for ten days. It should be albums which have influenced one's musical taste. It's been fun. I ran through all my LPs (:eek:) and decided I would do this chronologically. To my surprise the earliest album I have after the Beatles is Cream and Disraeli Gears. I was 13.

Now we are all of a similar generation and some are from the Midlands. I went to college in Pershore '74 - '76. One of the girls in my year went out with a guy called Mick who used to roadie for this band. They played our Student Union a few times, great nights. Mr Gibbons comes from Harborne where we lived from '80 - '82. Anyone else remember this band? Not many people I know have come across them before.

View attachment 526406

View attachment 526407

Tulane was a favourite, love that rockabiily style.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,
All this talk of wildlife ( pigeons, Cockerells and Gibbons) has reminded me that I need to sort out a cover for the chimney.
A pigeon roosts on there and the chimney acts as an amplifier for its cooing.

A bit vague this morning due to one too many bottles of Henry Westons excellent cider 🙄
Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🚶‍♂️🏃‍♂️🚲🌞

Top Bottom