The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Woke at 3.00am :sad: The smell of smoke is so strong I went downstairs to check the house. The local dickheads set Rivington afire yesterday. The Fire Service say it's controlled but we've never smelt it this badly before.

That and the local youth all over the local reservoirs diving in, swimming, no social distancing etc. Rivington was absolutely rammed with people by 11.00am yesterday.

I hate to say this as I know how it sounds and admit to being tired and cross but........ It's been clear to me for weeks, one section of society will stay clear of this disease, others will continue to get ill and possibly die. It's blindingly obvious why.

Rivington Fire

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Bit duller this morning and another day of quite a strong easterly.

I can hear a cockerel crowing. Someone must have one in their garden. Pity the poor neighbours! It's far enough away from me that I am aware of it but not that loud, but to be next door must be seriously annoying.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Woke at 3.00am :sad: The smell of smoke is so strong I went downstairs to check the house. The local dickheads set Rivington afire yesterday. The Fire Service say it's controlled but we've never smelt it this badly before.

That and the local youth all over the local reservoirs diving in, swimming, no social distancing etc. Rivington was absolutely rammed with people by 11.00am yesterday.

I hate to say this as I know how it sounds and admit to being tired and cross but........ It's been clear to me for weeks, one section of society will stay clear of this disease, others will continue to get ill and possibly die. It's blindingly obvious why.

Rivington Fire
Yet again the UK must be the laughing stock of Europe between the way this has been handled and the attitude and behaviour of so many. It's just going to mean it will drag on much longer for us than most other countries. :sad:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Yet again the UK must be the laughing stock of Europe between the way this has been handled and the attitude and behaviour of so many. It's just going to mean it will drag on much longer for us than most other countries. :sad:
I'm in the mood for a 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rant (just very tired) but when I look around me and see the state of the population and country I despair. The change in my lifetime is so dramatic...... I'm not harping back to the good old days but we haven't really moved forward.

Smells fresh outside now. I shall open the windows and try to sleep..........except the friggin wood pigeons have woken up :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I'm in the mood for a 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rant (just very tired) but when I look around me and see the state of the population and country I despair. The change in my lifetime is so dramatic...... I'm not harping back to the good old days but we haven't really moved forward.

Smells fresh outside now. I shall open the windows and try to sleep..........except the friggin wood pigeons have woken up :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Sleep.......that thing that eludes me these days! I am heading out for a walk soon.

Dave7

Legendary Member

Rivington Fire
And although that would be no great loss to society its who they pass it onto before their demise.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning. Bit duller this morning and another day of quite a strong easterly.

I can hear a cockerel crowing. Someone must have one in their garden. Pity the poor neighbours! It's far enough away from me that I am aware of it but not that loud, but to be next door must be seriously annoying.
Next door to us had 2. I complained several times and was about to get the authorities involved when the decided to get rid.
Dozy barstewards have now bought some fertilised eggs for the hens to sit on so we may be blessed with some more. I will not hesitate get it sorted.
I mean......3.00 every morning :sad:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Well the trying to go back to sleep thing didn't work............. possibly I need @Drago to pop round and take out the local wood pigeon population. You know there at it again - a month ago it was all flapping around, jostling for position, chasing females. Chicks have only just fledged and they are at it again!!!! :eek:

So. Good Morning. It's deliciously cool and sunny. I've had a comfort breakfast of brown sourdough, marmalade and coffee. Shortly I'll depart for the allotment - lots of sweeping to do as last week's winds brought down beech nut husks, beech and sycamore flowers etc. All good for my compost heaps.

Later I shall try to nap for a couple of hours. 🀞🀞

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member

I often say......when god created pigeons he must have run out of nice bird songs. Sooo bl**dy annoying.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
And although that would be no great loss to society its who they pass it onto before their demise.
Yep, I have to agree. It's why aspects of my life have and will change. I know who I can trust. I have friends who I would have no qualms about sitting close to or hugging provided they felt comfortable.

I do miss that. Hugging people. Many of my closest friends are quite tactile and now we just stand at least two metres apart. Just touching hands would be good. Ah well.πŸ™‚

Top Bottom