The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I decided Not to bimble today.

Houseworky stuff done, washing now on the line and cake made.

I will slob with :cuppa: and cake this afternoon

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I decided Not to bimble today.

Houseworky stuff done, washing now on the line and cake made.

I will slob with :cuppa: and cake this afternoon
If I had your garden I would be quite happy to slob there too! Noisy around here today. Dogs yapping, family meet ups with kids shouting, etc. I can’t think of anywhere to go that would be quiet today.

pawl

Legendary Member
Pawl
What are they?
How do they work?

The one’s I had came in crystal form which expanded Mix them in with the compost prior to planting containers I only use them with hanging baskets and tubs which are a temporary planting.I don’t think they would of much use with more permanent planting in tubs.

Gro.sure was the brand I used Personally I would be reluctant to use soil due to introducing disease

With my permanent containers I put a layer of well rotted garden compost in the bottom of containers and spread a layer of fine gravel on the surface of the compost It helps in retaining moisture

Unfortunately I haven’t found a way other than daily watering.Once the compost has dried out over head watering just runs straight through.Ihave a grass in a pot which I some how overlooked an I had to put in bucket of water to soak the compost

One alternative is to install on of the automatic watering systems.

D

Deleted member 1258

We're having an afternoon in the park

D

Deleted member 1258

Its a lovely spot

PaulSB

Legendary Member
If I had your garden I would be quite happy to slob there too! Noisy around here today. Dogs yapping, family meet ups with kids shouting, etc. I can’t think of anywhere to go that would be quiet today.
Next door's son is 13 today. I feel a bit sorry for him BUT his parents have asked friends etc. Bugger all social distancing going on.

Speaking of which I was up on Rivington Pike today as part of my ride. Cars and people everywhere.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Next door's son is 13 today. I feel a bit sorry for him BUT his parents have asked friends etc. Bugger all social distancing going on.

Speaking of which I was up on Rivington Pike today as part of my ride. Cars and people everywhere.
2 girls along the road from me cycled along Loch Earn this morning and said there are camper vans parked up. :sad: Must be really frustrating for them as they have a lovely camper van themselves and haven't been able to use it and won't just now.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
When I sold my motorhome I was not quite ready to give up my wandering so got a cheapish tent described as "Pop Up". This was just before the start of restrictions on travel so never used it. Today being dry [and very hot] I decided to practice putting it up in the garden.
Now I know why they abandon tents after music festivals. Putting it up was not too bad since I have a fair amount of experience with small tents but folding it again was a different story. I did read the instructions but it took me an hour of sweary and frustrating labour to even get it near to putting it back in the bag. It's main envisaged use is as an overnight garage for the trike and possibly as a toilet tent so not being the highest quality is not a problem. The car is just a handy size for camping in when empty.
I may have to reconsider and go back to my Vango200 or even the original Black's Good Companions which my wife and self cycle camped with and even took to the continent. How we managed with the weight of it I cannot imagine now. How we survived without broken spokes either on my Flying Scot is another miracle.

Tenkaykev

Guru

Crikey! that name has brought back memories. Ron Hill Rivington Pike. A small group of us ran the Pennine Way back in 1988 to help raise money for a local charity.
One of the lads was friendly with the MD of a local business and they sponsored our kit. Silva Rucksacks, weather suits and Rivington Pikes ( at the time I had no idea that they were named after a place ).
The distinct tread pattern proved to be a blessing, as each days run tended to split into ability groups as the day progressed. The route was a lot less well way marked back then, and at an ambiguous junction we'd scan the separate trails for Rivington Pike sole patterns left by the group ahead ^_^

oldwheels

Legendary Member
2 girls along the road from me cycled along Loch Earn this morning and said there are camper vans parked up. :sad: Must be really frustrating for them as they have a lovely camper van themselves and haven't been able to use it and won't just now.
In my fairly frequent travels along Loch Earn in the past year or so I think most of the motorhomes I saw were anglers. Angling is now or about to be permitted although they are obviously further away from home than recommended. Distance seems to be 5 miles max but is not in tablets of stone. If they are anglers it is a bit of a grey area for distance.

Top Bottom