The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning campers. Another exciting day ahead today. Blue sky and quite warm already. Up early this morning ( 8 am) , Molly already walked and now wondering when is the best time to go to Aldi to avoid queuing for too long. I will top up on diesel in my Captur too. Ride is planned for this afternoon, riding up the Great Orme in LLandudno once I decided if the legs are up for it. We are invited for a BBQ next week at my stepson's house, now that we can meet in the garden, keeping social distancing of course. Looking forward to it, especially my wife who has not been out since March. Stay safe everyone.
8 am.....the day is nearly over!! Mo has already walked 8 miles and cycled 33 by now.

I do not envy you slogging your way up the Great Orme in the heat today.
I am out for a 10 miler at 10.15 then back to finish digging the beds so I can plant these bedding plant things.....oh, if only I knew what I was doing:wacko:

pawl

Legendary Member
There is no reason why you shouldn't do this with your pots. My only comment would be that if you mix some soil in with the compost you will get better water retention. Two advantages to this; you will need to water less often and secondly when peat dries out it can be a bugger to get wet again - peat needs to retain a certain amount of moisture to easily take up more.

We always mix peat composts for pots etc. with +/- 50% soil or garden compost. It doesn't have to be 50%, that's just what we do.

I use those moisture retaining gels

classic33

Leg End Member
I MUST be first this morning !!!!!!
Woke up thinking I have overslept and expected 0800 but it was only 0430 :wacko:.
No need to get up yet so might try for another hour.
Back to Aldi at 0745. MrsD went to Morrisons (3 miles away) yesterday as she had been told they had bedding plants in.......only to find a massive queue....so she didn't bother. We are trying Aldi today.
Failing that I may resort to stealing them from a neighbour ^_^.

Edit
*Looks like that bl**dy Classic fellow has beaten me :sad::sad::sad:
* You were still first to wake up though

I plumped for another couple of hours in the Pentlands again. Glorious weather and quite a few runners and fellow mtb’ers but too few to cause any problems. Couldn’t resist stopping for a photo and one of my favourite spots -
F27EECB5-A761-4CCE-8C02-D04A9C289EAF.jpeg

6206E8B1-BABD-4307-B592-134416C5BDFE.jpeg

And the track home -
FB9B55BC-66D7-4DAF-A93F-724A48611F34.jpeg

NB Car parks still closed with no signs of opening whatsoever.

classic33

Leg End Member

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
8 am.....the day is nearly over!! Mo has already walked 8 miles and cycled 33 by now.

I do not envy you slogging your way up the Great Orme in the heat today.
I am out for a 10 miler at 10.15 then back to finish digging the beds so I can plant these bedding plant things.....oh, if only I knew what I was doing:wacko:
Yeah but Mo sleeps all afternoon after that. ^_^ I will wait for the heat to die down a bit before I tackle the Great Orme.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I've only ever been up the great Orme in the tram, is there anything at the top now?, we had an interesting wander round the prehistoric mine on our last visit.
A cafe ( closed at the moment) Cable cars ( closed at the moment). a big car park ( closed at the moment) . I go on the private road ( free for bikes) that goes all round it and there is also a cafe there ( closed at the moment). The road where the tram is ( closed at the moment), is far too steep for me and probably most cyclists too.

Top Bottom